Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vision 2. Can’t see the point in using it

Dirty dan

I’ve just started using vision 2 for the last week, not really noticing any difference in performance. One thing I have noticed though is that I’m using extra water, due to the tiny bubbles looking like grit left on the glass I’m finding myself rinsing for longer. Bloody frustrating

I’ve just started using vision 2 for the last week, not really noticing any difference in performance. One thing I have noticed though is that I’m using extra water, due to the tiny bubbles looking like grit left on the glass I’m finding myself rinsing for longer. Bloody frustrating
Provided you are using water with a TDS of 000 theses additives armt needed complete waist of time and money  

Yeah, the water is reading 0. I thought I read somewhere that it helped with sheeting on hydrophobic glass. But it didn’t do that either 

Yeah, the water is reading 0. I thought I read somewhere that it helped with sheeting on hydrophobic glass. But it didn’t do that either 
This is what attracted me to it a few years back, but it didn't live up to it's claims for me either. A number of users have also reported sludge build up in their tanks and filters which is difficult to remove, particularly from the bottom of the tank.

Hydrophobic glass isn't a big problem once you've got your technique worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what attracted me to it a few years back, but it didn't live up to it's claims for me either. A number of users have also reported sludge build up in their tanks and filters which is difficult to remove, particularly from the bottom of the tank.

Hydrophobic glass isn't a big problem once you've got your technique worked.
I didn’t know it caused sludge, I think I’ll be leaving it alone from now on, as I’m already doing a good enough job without it it just seems that there isn’t any positives, only negatives

Best place for it...the bin. To me it's a scam.
I agree, I’m starting to see that now. I had to try it before condemning it I suppose. 

I don't use it.Like PJJ I believe in pure water only at 000 and the benefits this alone has.

These additives are no different to sticking dishwasher rinse aid in your tank and rinse aid is a fraction of the cost.

Well I won’t be using it again, there is nothing wrong with my water anyway and I’m happy with my technique but I’m always looking for ways to do the job better or easier in any way. But this stuff isn’t the answer

Well I won’t be using it again, there is nothing wrong with my water anyway and I’m happy with my technique but I’m always looking for ways to do the job better or easier in any way. But this stuff isn’t the answer
Depending on the type of work you are doing the only thing that will make life easier and quicker is hot water using a diesel fired boiler , not cheap to run or install but in my opinion the only worth while option , I know a lot will disagree with this but I have used wfp for 18 years now the last 6 years hot and it’s worth every penny in my opinion I have it in all my vans , ex staff members who have gone on there own started with cold then within a few months realised that hot was better and they also all have hot systems in there vans as well now . 

The grass is very rarely greener on the other side. It's a fact that distilled water is the best way, due to chemical reactions, to clean windows. 

Depending on the type of work you are doing the only thing that will make life easier and quicker is hot water using a diesel fired boiler , not cheap to run or install but in my opinion the only worth while option , I know a lot will disagree with this but I have used wfp for 18 years now the last 6 years hot and it’s worth every penny in my opinion I have it in all my vans , ex staff members who have gone on there own started with cold then within a few months realised that hot was better and they also all have hot systems in there vans as well now . 
I paid £600 this year to service my system and webasto heater. Oliver showed me the grating and how badly burned it was. I will be getting it serviced ever year because today I had a first clean on windows on a town centre tenement which was hard to see through. I just fired up the boiler and sat in my van for 15mins to let the pure heat up to temperature (65 degrees I think). Then I extended my new Extreme 35 apart from top section and sprayed all the 9 windows and went back to the beginning and scrubbed away. Took me less than an hour but I was continually on my guard for pedestrians. Neck started hurting so I put on my LePirate Belay Glasses and it was perfect. After I was finished I tried to remove the hoseless tube and there was an obvious problem, it was inside the pole. Ended up yanking the hose till I could grab the tail of it to get it free. Not sure if they make a longer sleeve for bigger poles. ?

The grass is very rarely greener on the other side. It's a fact that distilled water is the best way, due to chemical reactions, to clean windows. 
Aye, I can't fathom for one minute how anything can leave a better result than pure? Okay, I realise that if you fail to rinse properly then stuff will be left behind but its pure.

Not mixed or adulterated with any other substance or material. (definition of pure) as there seems to be alot of non believers still on here.

I paid £600 this year to service my system and webasto heater. Oliver showed me the grating and how badly burned it was. I will be getting it serviced ever year because today I had a first clean on windows on a town centre tenement which was hard to see through. I just fired up the boiler and sat in my van for 15mins to let the pure heat up to temperature (65 degrees I think). Then I extended my new Extreme 35 apart from top section and sprayed all the 9 windows and went back to the beginning and scrubbed away. Took me less than an hour but I was continually on my guard for pedestrians. Neck started hurting so I put on my LePirate Belay Glasses and it was perfect. After I was finished I tried to remove the hoseless tube and there was an obvious problem, it was inside the pole. Ended up yanking the hose till I could grab the tail of it to get it free. Not sure if they make a longer sleeve for bigger poles. ?
I had that problem with my last pole. I ended up having to make a extension to allow the hosetail to stick out further, but it wasn't ideal. 

I sometimes use a glug of ipa in the water as it does help to clean up dirty frames etc but is alcohol so evaporates completely leaving nothing behind.

I do like using enigma (it's the only one I've found that actually works) but haven't replenished my stocks recently so just using pure and a dash of ipa.

my 9kw grippatank heater is not far off 3 years old (december this year)and its never been serviced....i use it all day,every day and it works just as good as the day i had it installed....im sure you ve not had your heater as long as me?the pin and screen dont need replacing every year mate if you run it flat out for 6 hours a day.....

my 9kw grippatank heater is not far off 3 years old (december this year)and its never been serviced....i use it all day,every day and it works just as good as the day i had it installed....im sure you ve not had your heater as long as me?the pin and screen dont need replacing every year mate if you run it flat out for 6 hours a day.....
I think you are right but I don't want a massive bill 5 years down the line. I could change my carbon/sediment filter every year and get the service every two years if I wanted too but it all depends on the amount of work I pick up. I must be gaining a new windy customer every week now with the advertising. That reminds me, I need to order a hose valve and a set of Grippatank underneath van rollers. ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock