Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VisionV2 and Virosol

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JohnDoeWindows

Morning folks,

I'm dipping my toe into the world of chemicals. I've only ever been a water fed pole window cleaner and the company I learned from used zero chemicals, just pure water.

I've just ordered myself some VisionV2 and Virosol having seen those recommended all over the place, but I'm a little unsure as to when is best to use these chemicals.

Do you use Virosol on the glass as well as the frames and do you have to be careful how much you use etc?

And am I right in thinking you just put a cap of vision in your water tank for better results? That's what it says, but that seems wrong to me. 

Thanks for your advice as always guys!

Morning folks,

I'm dipping my toe into the world of chemicals. I've only ever been a water fed pole window cleaner and the company I learned from used zero chemicals, just pure water.

I've just ordered myself some VisionV2 and Virosol having seen those recommended all over the place, but I'm a little unsure as to when is best to use these chemicals.

Do you use Virosol on the glass as well as the frames and do you have to be careful how much you use etc?

And am I right in thinking you just put a cap of vision in your water tank for better results? That's what it says, but that seems wrong to me. 

Thanks for your advice as always guys!
My best advice is to spend as much time as you can before buying any chemicals is to source, download and read all the data sheets you can, familiarise yourself with COSHH safe storage use and transportation of chemicals 

Anyone can buy chemicals but using them in a safe manner saves you money.

Be aware of wind direction, fall out, temperature. Also septic tanks, reed bed sewage treatment and pets

I've spent half my life learning and still only know enough 

Most people on here don't use, or like the concept of, Vision.
Placebo juice 

Had a look last night and for some reason couldn't find any posts, must have mistyped or used the search function wrong as I've found hundreds of topics on Vision now. Whoops! Won't be using it.

Will stick to my pure water, as far as Virosol is concerned I think I'll just use that on first cleans to cut through some of the muck. Had a first clean the other day that was thick with green **** and couldn't help but think how much easier life would have been if I had a product to help shift it.

As you have discovered many of us would say 'snake oil.'

Virosol on the other hand is great, makes cleaning plastics a lot easier and manky roof glass as well, but it does require plenty of rinsing off the glass.

Only use it when the situation requires it.

We use a Hozelock pump up sprayer for fascias etc and a squirty bottle for spot treatment.

Ah, good to know. Why is that? Is it a bad product?

I watch a lot of people on YouTube and they all recommend it, but they've likely been paid to say so.
Many people have found vision causes a hell like build up in the tank and it blocks the pump , it also causes bubbles on the glass, in my opinion it’s not needed we sound thousands on filtration to remove impurities then ones chuck this type of thing in the tank , madness as far as Ime concerned. 

Virisol is good for doing dirty first cleans and plastic  cleans dilute it 10-1 spray on then give it a good scrub and thorough rinse it’s good stuff .

I tried 2 versions of Vision based on recommendations on the forums years ago but I didn't experience any of the benefits claimed. One odd thing I did discover, was that it seems to feed algae. I'm a trolley user and carry my water in 25L barrels. I noticed that if I left any water at all in my barrels it would quickly turn green and I regularly had to bleach them out as a result. Since ceasing to use it many years ago I've never had to bleach out a single barrel.

I tried 2 versions of Vision based on recommendations on the forums years ago but I didn't experience any of the benefits claimed. One odd thing I did discover, was that it seems to feed algae. I'm a trolley user and carry my water in 25L barrels. I noticed that if I left any water at all in my barrels it would quickly turn green and I regularly had to bleach them out as a result. Since ceasing to use it many years ago I've never had to bleach out a single barrel.
That's an interesting side effect, wouldn't have thought of that one.

What’s better for plastics tfr or virosol or ubik
That's one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions.

There are many variations of TFR, some better than others. Personally I find Virosol better than any TFR I have used but that doesn't mean it's better than every TFR. I believe Ubik is on par with Virosol but I haven't tried it.

Yeah I left a few pink spots on one last month using tfr that were there yesterday when I went back! Lucky that birds eat berries ain’t it ?

I’ll order some virosol and give it a whirl on my next plastic clean! Is it really that strong to use 10-1 mix?

ive used tfr 50-50 in as bad as it gets PVC cleans and it pretty much pulls the dirt off itself one pass and it falls off so can’t see how anything can beat it

Yeah I left a few pink spots on one last month using tfr that were there yesterday when I went back! Lucky that birds eat berries ain’t it ?

I’ll order some virosol and give it a whirl on my next plastic clean! Is it really that strong to use 10-1 mix?

ive used tfr 50-50 in as bad as it gets PVC cleans and it pretty much pulls the dirt off itself one pass and it falls off so can’t see how anything can beat it
10-1 is good enough for anything you don’t need it any stronger , been using it for  about 15 years now . Using it neat can cause brown staining on plastic and problems with self cleaning gkass it can turn the film opaque but that can be reversed by washing the roof with something but cannot remember what is used , I have never had any problems with 10-1 mix 

I badly stained a white conservatory with TFR looked like it had had varnish poured over it nothing would remove it from the glass or the plastic , never used it since . 

10-1 is good enough for anything you don’t need it any stronger, been using it for  about 15 years now. Using it neat can cause brown staining on plastic and problems with self-cleaning glass it can turn the film opaque, but that can be reversed by washing the roof with something but cannot remember what is used. I have never had any problems with 10-1 mix 

I badly stained a white conservatory with TFR looked like it had had varnish poured over it nothing would remove it from the glass or the plastic, never used it since.
So did I. I still have a 20 litre barrel of the stuff in my garage. We used TFR in the motor trade to strip the wax coating off new cars when they were valeted. The detailers would only do this process first thing in the morning when it was cool/cold and would pressure wash it off before it dried. 

I used it often on my company car before work, but always made sure the pressure washer was working before starting the job. (We had to keep our cars clean as they were also demonstrators.)

Unfortunately I didn't apply what I had learnt in the motor trade to my first conservatory clean. I let it dry and it stained the UPVC. It took me 2 days to get most of it off.

I've used both Virosol and Ubik and I didn't notice any difference. I only do gutter and fascia cleans for our customers now. Most have been cleaned before by us, and we just use hot water. We spray the gutter run down with a brush with fan jets with pure water and found that's enough to soften the dirt and then just clean it. If there is an area that needs a little attention, then some Jif cream on the brush works fine.

Be careful with the runoff of ubik Virosol ect as it can also leve marks on some paving also it can mark glass if left to dry virosol did that to a pain of glass once luckly i never got picked up on it . I now use Razor wash from wcw i found this stuff the best ive ever used 

I used vision for a bit and thault it was good made glsss shine more but then went back to pure and saw no diffrence so don't use it any more i was also disappointed with vision tfr too it was very similar to upvc max witch i thault was **** 

So did I. I still have a 20 litre barrel of the stuff in my garage. We used TFR in the motor trade to strip the wax coating off new cars when they were valeted. The detailers would only do this process first thing in the morning when it was cool/cold and would pressure wash it off before it dried. 

I used it often on my company car before work, but always made sure the pressure washer was working before starting the job. (We had to keep our cars clean as they were also demonstrators.)

Unfortunately I didn't apply what I had learnt in the motor trade to my first conservatory clean. I let it dry and it stained the UPVC. It took me 2 days to get most of it off.

I've used both Virosol and Ubik and I didn't notice any difference. I only do gutter and fascia cleans for our customers now. Most have been cleaned before by us, and we just use hot water. We spray the gutter run down with a brush with fan jets with pure water and found that's enough to soften the dirt and then just clean it. If there is an area that needs a little attention, then some Jif cream on the brush works fine.
Not many customers want them done every year Though I’ve found , they just wait till they’re fully green again

some Ones I do are completely black so tfr really is needed

if it’s hot I’ll apply tfr to a side , scrub all the way along roughly first then go back to start and do it properly … I put it on pretty much neat sometimes for really bad plastics 

I’ll try jif next time though I have that on the van and I’ve got a few coming up 

I now use Razor wash from wcw i found this stuff the best ive ever used 
Interesting comment, we have been using Virosol for a while and find it very good but I ordered a batch of Razr wash with the new reels because it was a good price and saves on shipping. My son had a bloney good whinge at me so it needs to be good or I will never hear the end of it.

Latest Posts

Back