Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's The Best Way

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

What's the best way you have found to clean a filthy consevatory including the roof & pointy bits?

I spray some diluted virosol on first then ive got a diy wfp the harris one with a stiff brush on ive also put a standard hoselock connection on and a flow valve attached to a hose reel so I can run of the mains were possible gives a better flow rate and saves me filling my trolley barrel up every 5 mins for the mouldinds on the top ive use a gardener mixed medium dual trim sill brish perfect for getting in between them

That citrusol stuff what happens if it goes on the glass of the roof does it come off easy and is it best to dilute it? Or just use it neat?

We use it neat everywhere. Don't leave it on too long as it will discolour the upvc, but it has to no on quite a while for that to happen. It can be watered down and suppose it should be if you work on your own. There is usually at least two of us. One sprays the conservatory with citrusol off a stepladder and the other comes straight behind him rinsing off. We use it on glass and other types of panels, fascias, motor homes, everywhere. I've not found any grime it will not cut through and leave a brilliant finish. It's inexpensive, easy to use and leaves jobs gleaming. It's a winner in my book.

Check out the UPVC page on the all around website and there are some pics, (copyrighted! :) ) which show a good before and after.

From wfp view. We just clean as normal. Only difference is on the last rinse. We use loads of pure water.

We use it neat everywhere. Don't leave it on too long as it will discolour the upvc, but it has to no on quite a while for that to happen. It can be watered down and suppose it should be if you work on your own. There is usually at least two of us. One sprays the conservatory with citrusol off a stepladder and the other comes straight behind him rinsing off. We use it on glass and other types of panels, fascias, motor homes, everywhere. I've not found any grime it will not cut through and leave a brilliant finish. It's inexpensive, easy to use and leaves jobs gleaming. It's a winner in my book.Check out the UPVC page on the all around website and there are some pics, (copyrighted! :) ) which show a good before and after.
sweet, so do you just spray it on and rinse or do you spray it on scrub then rinse?

sweet' date=' so do you just spray it on and rinse or do you spray it on scrub then rinse?[/quote']I just spray it on personally. Purchased a 10l spray bottle and just spray it on, leave it and clean rest of the property, then come back to the con.

Self cleaning glass just means it makes it harder for dirt to stick to it, I don't know how it works though.

I guess its like that anti graffiti tiles, where graffiti doesnt stick to the tiles meaning it can be cleaned up.

sweet' date=' so do you just spray it on and rinse or do you spray it on scrub then rinse?[/quote']Scrub? No. Just brush everything down. It'll come off easy.

Back