Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Dogs

Hinty

How many times have you dragged your pole hose across something nasty - only to realise when you are extending the pole and you have it all over your hands??

Started using backpack for problem houses - with minimal hose.

Dave

i hate this and im going to start saying no if they have dog **** all over as twice ive had it up my ladders had to go home and jet it all down.tramps never pick up dog muck no need for it.

I remember a few houses like that, i used to wash the hose down, then grab a damp used sill cloth from the van, an run through the length of the hose to clean it all off.... then get the lad I worked with to wash it lol

I don't clean an houses with dog muck, prices go up considerably for houses with risk of poo, I make sure it's worth it.

Guest badbusdriver

I stopped doing a house because of that, garden was small, sh*t was big, they had a great dane!. Its a problem, but i dont see it as a big problem, i wash it off using my hose if i get any on my feet or hoses, though if i was trad i might think different!. As for not noticing?!, i would have to have a real bad cold for me not to notice a smell like that!.

Guest jambo113

i havent come across this yet, but when i was a joiner working for the council i went in one property that had 6 turds in there bedroom they tried telling me there puppy hadnt been house trained yet. problem was there dog was about 3 years old and in all the years weve owned dogs ive never known a dog to **** 6 times in one ***ht. DIRTY B***ERDS!!!

Guest badbusdriver

jambo buddy, im just being nosey but if you were a joiner, why are you now cleaner?, surely joinery has greater earning potential, and, esp at this tme of year, be more pleasant work!.

Guest jambo113

jambo buddy, im just being nosey but if you were a joiner, why are you now cleaner?, surely joinery has greater earning potential, and, esp at this tme of year, be more pleasant work!.

im now a full time dad ive got 2 kids my oldest is at full time school 9-3 which isnt a problem but my little girl is only part time in the mornings 9-12 I tried going self employed as a joiner but its so its difficult to fit any joinery work around her i tried but i couldnt take on any decent jobs just the odd door and bit of skirting. also thers alot of messing about pricing up work running round getting materials and by then i have to go pick the kids up. Ive found with window cleaning i can fit it round my life if im running behind i can just stop go pick the kids up and carry on the next day without having builders or plumbers moaning at you asking when your gona get finished so they can crack on. and also even at my snail pace i can earn between 15- 21 quid an hour weres as joinery was only 10 an hour thers loads of perks to window cleaning I could go on for ages but i wont bore you :-)

also the weathers not an issue im use to being outside in the cold and rain putting roofs on or fitting windows.

Guest jambo113

we should do what the taxi drivers do, if your sick or soil there cab thers a charge for it, should be the same for us if customers dont pick there dog **** up and you get it on your equpment they should be charged.

we should do what the taxi drivers do, if your sick or soil there cab thers a charge for it, should be the same for us if customers dont pick there dog **** up and you get it on your equpment they should be charged.

+1 for this! Although I don't think it would work in the long run.

Guest colinvansmith

i tell my customers if you don't clean the dog **** up before we arrive then we cant get the back of your house cleaned as its a health risk to us trailing hoses over dog Swear word!. seems to have worked most clean it up i'd just drop a custy who has a minging garden its not worth smelling sh*t all day long

i tell my customers if you don't clean the dog **** up before we arrive then we cant get the back of your house cleaned as its a health risk to us trailing hoses over dog Swear word!. seems to have worked most clean it up i'd just drop a custy who has a minging garden its not worth smelling sh*t all day long

I will try this 'health risk' option, I have a feeling it will work, cheers Col.

James.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.