Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaun1977

Signed up van

Shaun1977

Do you think signing up a van brings in enough work to justify getting the van signed up? At moment my van isn't signed up but I'm planning on it so would welcome some input as to if worth doing

Guest MyLittleCleaningCompany

Yes definitely. Our largest cleaning contract came from the new owner seeing it near the site and loved the look of it. I was really unsure before that due to cost. Our second vehicle is going in later this week.

Have a look at ours on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/MyLittleCleanCo

It doesn't have to be expensive you can always go for a part wrap depending on size and design.

It portrays an image of you and your company. That can work both ways!

Guest badbusdriver

Yes, especially for you starting up, definately get your van signed. People need to know who you are, and that you are a professional!. I have picked up a few jobs just through people seeing my van in a supermarket car park, so well worth doing.

No worries bud, that was £600. But like I said that was near enough a full wrap plus it was the second company we went to. The first one it looked like a child had put it on. The company we use now is spot on and the finish is second to none.

Our Citreon C1 which is far smaller than our van is costing us £1000 so it really just depends on what you want. All I would say is whoever you go with see if you can speak to a customer and see there work. As mentioned our first company we went with were useless and it turned nasty with trading standards getting involved.

Guest Ryan

I want my van done

but tbh i aint 100% happy with this van as i want a newer van later this year so will be spending £30-40 on basic window cleaing and my number on it this year

when i get a van i like i'll get it done proper then as it will be a van for the next 3-4 years i hope :]

laddergarder

I think there is a bit of a balance with wrapping. Personally I wouldn't pay £1000 to get a van wrapped. I would rather buy a white van, and just the the logo, services, number on the sides and back for a few hundred. Still looks very professional, keeps things clean and simple, and wont cost a fortune. Most business seem to do this.

If I bought a brand new 15k van, then maybe would pay 1k for wrapping. But If I had a van worth 4k. Then no, I will likely get rid of it in a couple of years anyway, so would just get the logo on it.

Horses for courses at the end of the day, our business needs are very different to others. All I will say is that one contract has paid for the wrap x20 times over. But like laddergarder stated both are vehicles are new and are benefiting from extra protection, plus will be with us for some years.

Guest DCS Window Cleaning

I don't think I have made a fortune from sign writing but its paid for its self.

Is it tax deductible paying for wrap

Sure. I for one would rather invest in the business than give it to the man!

Is investing in the way your business looks not investing in your business??

laddergarder

@My Little Cleaning Company

Do you mind if I ask, do you have your business setup as a sole trader/ limited company. Or have you split it into two companies as an associated group company. The reason I ask as I am currently looking into this, and interested to talk to someone who has been there and done it.

Guest badbusdriver

Each to their own i suppose, but i am not a big fan of 'wrapped' vans. When i see one i am always put in mind of large rich companies offering poors service (hence the need to make their vans 'shout'). I much prefer some clear, legible, and unfussy lettering which is telling me exactly what i want to know, imo this is much classier.

That's funny, we have two vehicles that shout loads, loads and loads more. We provide a fantastic service or so our customers think. Hence why we have grown from nothing to employing 4 members of staff in just over 2 years!

I think everyone has to be different but there will always be people who can't think outside of the box and go with traditional normal methods just because it looks simple and it's easy.

Question for you bbd you have obviously had poor experiences with companies with wrapped vans hence the assumption that they all provide a poor service? DHL and larger corporate companies will regularly use the van shape and original colour within their van wrap to cut down on costs but still provide that professional look.

I for one embrace anyone on here to start up any business for themselves. It shows motivation, courage and commitment. Not everyone circumstances are the same and some just don't have the initial capital to use on more expensive items.

But look at why we get our vehicles wrapped; to show potential customers what we as a company are about, to portray a professional image about our company, to give the potential customer the knowledge on what we do and the contact information should they wish to get in touch.

Everything about our company is based on a local family run company providing a professional but friendly service. Hence the name, pink and blue van and quirky logo. We are trying to sell a brand and what we're about.

Rant over, breath ...... Time to go earn some money! Have a good day peeps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest badbusdriver

That's funny, we have two vehicles that shout loads, loads and loads more. We provide a fantastic service or so our customers think. Hence why we have grown from nothing to employing 4 members of staff in just over 2 years!

I think everyone has to be different but there will always be people who can't think outside of the box and go with traditional normal methods just because it looks simple and it's easy.

Question for you bbd you have obviously had poor experiences with companies with wrapped vans hence the assumption that they all provide a poor service? DHL and larger corporate companies will regularly use the van shape and original colour within their van wrap to cut down on costs but still provide that professional look.

I for one embrace anyone on here to start up any business for themselves. It shows motivation, courage and commitment. Not everyone circumstances are the same and some just don't have the initial capital to use on more expensive items.

But look at why we get our vehicles wrapped; to show potential customers what we as a company are about, to portray a professional image about our company, to give the potential customer the knowledge on what we do and the contact information should they wish to get in touch.

Everything about our company is based on a local family run company providing a professional but friendly service. Hence the name, pink and blue van and quirky logo. We are trying to sell a brand and what we're about.

Rant over, breath ...... Time to go earn some money! Have a good day peeps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good grief man, that must have struck a nerve.

Sorry to have to point this out, but this is a forum, where everyone is en***led to their opinions, and should be able to voice them without fear of someone else shouting, waving their arms about and throwing their toys out of the pram.

Whether or not i have had any bad experiences with companies who have their vans wrapped is totally irrelevant, as is the fact that you have 4 employees, unless this is turning into a boasting compe***ion?.

I have expressed my opinion, and i stand by it. Wrapped vans may well look eyecatching, and if that is what you want, fair do's. But they dont, imo (uh oh, here we go again!), look classy.

My goal, ultimately, is to be able to have an unmarked van, to have all my customers come through word of mouth recommendations, and if, in that scenario, i was having to turn customers away, then i would feel i had made it as a window cleaner, and be as happy as a pig in sh*t!.

That is my view, and if anyone else disagree's, good for you, i care, not a jot!.

Enough said from that reply. I too have voiced my opinion on the pointed out forum. Which I thank you for doing that. I wish you well for the future.

Guest Paul

Jesus I think I popped a vein reading all that, never mind writing it.

Wrapped van or not as long as the jobs done to a good standard who really gives a s*#t. :)

James

Sign your van, it will bring you customers in. You won't regret it.

James.

Gav

Wow getting a bit heated here guys. I think as you both said we all are en***led to our own opinions which as far as I can see you both have shared. Remember though just because two people have an opinion and they are different does not mean we have to get shirty with the other ;). At the end of the day as said above does it matter if it works for you then good on ya. I don't have a wrap purely because I don't have the money but if I did then maybe I would.

Our forum is based on users having their own opinions but also being a friendly and halpful place. We don't want to get the Rep another forum has that I wont name.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Gav

Well said James. Love is all we need here.;)

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.