Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First wfp system advice needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Assynt Crofter

Hi I'm just starting out a small cleaning round in the far north west coast of Scotland. I have a small budget as I'm not to sure how many customers I will get at first. 

I was looking at something like the Maxblast backpack system seems to come in around the £300 mark has anyone any experience of this? 

Quick question on pricing, do you tend to charge per house or per window? 

Im sorted with licensing, insurance etc. 

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

I’m a little away from you (Bournemouth, Dorset) so pricing will vary a bit from area to area.

Bournemouth is quite a expensive/ affluent area, so an average 3 bed semi ex-council style you can get £15-£18 on a 4-8 weekly clean. Other parts of the UK I hear going for £5-15. Then more in London. 

I still do a pound for your average 2 Payne window, £2 for a set of doors, £4 for a 5 Payne Bay window, £1 for a easy to reach skylight, £2 for askylight if I have to get my little ladder out. And I add £1 on for unpacking, £1 for packing up. But then as I said I’m in a area where house prices are expensive (over priced) and most of my work is 8 weekly so you can generally charge slightly more, but on the down side it takes a lot longer to get full.

But overall I just aim for a hourly rate ( minimum £30hr is the plan, but it still varies from £25-£32ish. That’s including driving time etc) that’s just a long term guide for you. Starting out I was happy aiming for £15hr. Maybe someone in Scotland can help with the pricing side a bit more...

But I also started with a backpack. The Gardiner one. I had two of them & seven 25l barrels in my Peugeot 206! It’s a great way to start of on a budget, within a few weeks/couple of months you’ve made your money back and maybe profit. It’s hard work lifting all them time. I had backpacks for about 15/16 months. I changed at the right time. 

How are you getting water? 

Back