Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Newbie! Trouble With Threads On Facelift Phoenix Pole Into Unger Head.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

Old Soul Song

Hi all. I'm a WFP newb and I've got a little issue with my new gear! This is a bit hard to explain but I'll give it a punt and hopefully someone might be able to understand the problem...

I've got a Phoenix FP22S and a nLite Unger head but I've run into a small problem when putting them together.

The order of components go:

Brush > Thread into goose-neck > Adjustable goose-neck > Thread into pole top section > Pole top section.

My problem is with the threads lining up in the wrong orientation once fully tightened. When the goose-neck to pole top thread is fully tightened the water tubing is coming out on the underside of the brush head rather than the top. Does that make sense?

So ideally this thread needs to go round another half turn so the tubing comes out of the top. Trouble is there's just nothing left in the thread and I'm afraid if I give it some oomph to get the extra half turn it will strip the threads. If I go half a turn looser to get it the right way up, the brush head is way too loose and wobbles about.

I hope I've explained that in a way that makes sense! Has anyone else had this trouble with plastics threads? I'm thinking PTFE tape might be the way to go. Wrap some around the thread and it will tighten up earlier and maybe in the right place?

Any advice would be great!

Cheers

Undo the brush hose and put it onto the top of the pole instead. Simples.

By the way it dosen't matter if the brush hose is at the bottom or top to be honest as long as the wfp brush works as it should

Latest Posts

Back