Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Guest Solarpanelcleanington

Elementary

Anyone put an element in their tub? Seems the best way going forward. Any tips or thoughts?

Thinking 2kw

steve garwood

Sod that, making holes in the tank!!! I chuck in 2 aquarium heaters with foam at the top so they float and cannot touch the sides of the tank.

If its really cold, on goes my fogwash gas water heater.

Each to there own, but id always worry that seal around the element could start to leak :eek:

Cheers chaps!

Bought a 500w fish warmer. We'll see what happens.

I'm assuming the most likely to freeze is the hose and pump though. Smaller diameter pipe etc. Wonder if 500w will be enough to stop water from freezing at the brush? Lag the fuck out of the tank I guess. More water will stay warmer for longer? Fun and games.......

Duncs

i,ve got my oil filled radiator ready

halogen heater for garage

steve garwood
i,ve got my oil filled radiator ready

halogen heater for garage

Correctomongo duncs. This subject has been covered numerous times and it seems the oil filled radiator is the most efficient, cheapest and simplest method of stopping your gear from freezing.

I set mine on the lowest setting, so as soon as the temperature drops to around 2 degrees, the thermostat clicks in, job done.

Got it in the range.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Last winter I ran 2 500w fish tank heaters and an oil filled rad. Only did it on coldest of days and had no dramas.