Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Carlwindy

Constructor brush....

Carlwindy

Thinking of treating my self to a constructor brush, they are expensive :/ anyone have any info about how good they are? Are they worth the money? does it speed you up much? Do you use less water?etc.... Thanks in advance.

noddy
Thinking of treating my self to a constructor brush, they are expensive :/ anyone have any info about how good they are? Are they worth the money? does it speed you up much? Do you use less water?etc.... Thanks in advance.

ive never seen any good review about this brush apart from the peole that's connected with it

Mwwindowcleaning

I've been thinking the same but I personally think that as long as you have your flow rate right up there's is no need to lift your brush off the window to rinse( perfect for pvc frames). The old man made a prototype over head rinse bar for my brush and I tested it out on Georgians just agitating, no rinse and they came up perfect. I'll try post a pic of the finished article when he's finished messing about. I agree it's a lot of hassle ordering a constructor brush. they need a UK supplier.

James Allen
I may be wrong but i think @James Allen uses one

Yes dave I have a 12" and a 16" constructor brush

Best brush I have used on glass 2 passes and glass is done

Across the top

Up down up down off the glass

James Allen

Best brush I have used and no more water use as you on the glass less time than pencil jets . Worth every penny in my opinion . As soon as the bristles have gone you down have too buy new brush just bristles at about £15

James Allen
ive never seen any good review about this brush apart from the peole that's connected with it

I am not connected with reach it . But I spoke to a friend who was using one and told me how good they are so I did a bit of research on them and bought one best investment I have made brush wise as soon as you get used to the brush it is so quick

James Allen
I've been thinking the same but I personally think that as long as you have your flow rate right up there's is no need to lift your brush off the window to rinse( perfect for pvc frames). The old man made a prototype over head rinse bar for my brush and I tested it out on Georgians just agitating, no rinse and they came up perfect. I'll try post a pic of the finished article when he's finished messing about. I agree it's a lot of hassle ordering a constructor brush. they need a UK supplier.

James Allen

You don't need it high around 40 - 50 on controller

Carlwindy

I'll get one out of my Xmas tips lol then it's not out my own pocket ;)

mark vincent

Depends on manufacturer

mark vincent

Depends on manufacturer

James Allen

Manufacturer is reach-it

noddy

thing is with brushes it down to the life span it last not the cost for us , we use bin garinders sill brushes every six weeks befoure going on to xline brushes where we stil using the same one after 15 months of work and they still look good just wish they were a little lighter sometimes

Mwwindowcleaning
Best brush I have used and no more water use as you on the glass less time than pencil jets . Worth every penny in my opinion . As soon as the bristles have gone you down have too buy new brush just bristles at about £15

2 questions James

1. What else did you have to order other than just the brush to fit to your pole? I use gardiner brushes.

2. how long did you have to wait on delivery? really think it's the way forward using one. Cheers in advance

James Allen
2 questions James

1. What else did you have to order other than just the brush to fit to your pole? I use gardiner brushes.

2. how long did you have to wait on delivery? really think it's the way forward using one. Cheers in advance

One you don't need anything else just a mod to angle adapted onside to side

Two takes about 5-7 days

Mwwindowcleaning

Ordered . hopefully get all my work done by Xmas now

Marko067
Yes dave I have a 12" and a 16" constructor brush

Best brush I have used on glass 2 passes and glass is done

Across the top

Up down up down off the glass

That's all I do with my Ultimate Med/soft. Works perfect. Been using it for several months as my main brush and all it's bristles are all still straight and I've only lost a couple of bristles in all that time as well. What do you guys do with your brushes to destroy them so quick? Mind you I haven't used mine with hot water yet.

HALTON
That's all I do with my Ultimate Med/soft. Works perfect. Been using it for several months as my main brush and all it's bristles are all still straight and I've only lost a couple of bristles in all that time as well. What do you guys do with your brushes to destroy them so quick? Mind you I haven't used mine with hot water yet.

Are u rinsing oncr you have scrubbed the glass?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Marko067

Pretty much scrub and rinse at the same time. Two passes over the glass and it's done most times. Don't get me wrong I don't rush, though it sounds like it. I just do the job and move on. I don't see the point on keeping on rinsing when the job is obviously done.

HALTON
Pretty much scrub and rinse at the same time. Two passes over the glass and it's done most times. Don't get me wrong I don't rush, though it sounds like it. I just do the job and move on. I don't see the point on keeping on rinsing when the job is obviously done.

I scrub 2 as you then lift brush off and then rinse off thr glass.

Is this not what you do

Marko067

I rinse on the glass most of the time. I only rinse off if the job demands it. But with my flow controller set to 80% it's almost as quick.

HALTON
I rinse on the glass most of the time. I only rinse off if the job demands it. But with my flow controller set to 80% it's almost as quick.

How do you rise on the glass maybe this is why i am not as quick as you guys

Marko067

If the job is a fairly regular one which most of mine are (4 weekly), then there are seldom visible bits of dirt left after the first scrub over the glass. If this is the case then on the second pass I stop the scrubbing action and just move the brush back and forth across the window and allow a little more water to rinse down the glass. I just don't lift the brush off. I also have my flow rate set high, about 80%. In practice I use less water because I accomplish the job much quicker than when it's set low.

It takes time and practice to achieve, but I f your work allows you to do this it dramatically reduces strain to your arms especially on high work.

A word of caution though. If you have a particularly bad job to do, say a mingin first clean for example, then you will probably have to rinse off the glass for a few windows to allow for all the bits to flush out of your brush before you can rinse on the glass again

CHWS
Ordered . hopefully get all my work done by Xmas now

Ever get the brush mate?