Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Radial rocker brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I received the radial lite yesterday and tried it out today.

The brush hairs are so short that the brush stock is very close to the window and bashes on frames, Georgian bars ect and it can be difficult to clean above the top frame and vents.

It also occasionally leaves bits on the glass even after using the reach it technique which is a bit faffy to then go back over them. It works okay for sills but not great.

Having said that, it does seem good and quick on clean windows and large areas of glass or bifold doors, veluxs etc, water sheets down the glass nicely, the rinse bar arcs so it rinses either side of the brush.

Gonna give it another go tomorrow but seems like Gardiner brush with rinse bar might be better a better option.

To be fair squeeky Dave tells it how he sees’s it unlike most on YouTube

Seen a few of his videos, he's wasted as a window cleaner imo. The things he seems to be able to make etc, he'd be able to offer quite high level handyman jobs. Maybe it's because I can't do f all that I think it's more impressive than it actually is, I don't know.

The good thing about him is he doesn't think he's on par with Richard Branson because he has a window cleaning round. Trying to sell people the blue print of how to run a successful buisness when they have been self employed 6 month.

I received the radial lite yesterday and tried it out today.

The brush hairs are so short that the brush stock is very close to the window and bashes on frames, Georgian bars ect and it can be difficult to clean above the top frame and vents.

It also occasionally leaves bits on the glass even after using the reach it technique which is a bit faffy to then go back over them. It works okay for sills but not great.

Having said that, it does seem good and quick on clean windows and large areas of glass or bifold doors, veluxs etc, water sheets down the glass nicely, the rinse bar arcs so it rinses either side of the brush.

Gonna give it another go tomorrow but seems like Gardiner brush with rinse bar might be better a better option.

Be interested to know at the end of next week when your used to it if its making any noticible time saving throughout a working day using it.

Just to let everyone know that @Ocahan01 and myself have had a 'chat' and 'cleared the air'. This means that it's all good in the world between us, with no animosity now.
I've taken on board that in hindsight, I should have handled this differently to begin with. I also need to be more positive when answering some newbie's questions rather than being blunt like I sometimes am.

Just to let everyone know that @Ocahan01 and myself have had a 'chat' and 'cleared the air'. This means that it's all good in the world between us, with no animosity now.
I've taken on board that in hindsight, I should have handled this differently to begin with. I also need to be more positive when answering some newbie's questions rather than being blunt like I sometimes am.
your A good man if you wasn’t your details replies wouldn’t be so informative that’s speaks volumes in my book, glad it’s all sorted ?

I was inspired by the rocker - I think having a scrubbing pad in the middle of the brush would work much better than bristles. So I cut the middle bristles out and stuck in a non scratch sponge thing. It works amazingly - but the glue didn't hold long. If those radial brushes had longer bristles, I would buy one, but they don't look long enough to clean around hinges on some patio doors, or into the crevices around the edge of upvc frames.

Back