Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Laugher

Anybody Know Much About This?

Laugher

As the title says does anybody know about this bought it of eBay the other day as it said it was a di vessel but arrived today damaged (as you can see on the head) and leaking and I don't know to get the head off to look inside

Any help would be grateful

image.jpg.c1da73d343d0c61fcbc9131e20ee59f6.jpg

bluemonkey

head should twist off, then buy a new head and pipe, was it new or 2nd hand

Laugher

2nd hand, just taken the head off and it's got black and white stuff inside any idea what that is?

joe90i

looks like a water filter for drinks machine the type they have in fast food places

bluemonkey

the blue bit, is the same as a di vessel, just replace the insides, put a pic up of the insides

Laugher

This is it after bit of research found out it is a water softener

image.jpg.696a66dad9c9513b0613297a56d99db5.jpg

JDMW

same insides as my 11L di vessel, just wash it out and fill her up with resin.

London Window Cleaning

**** i just bin it 4 of those, coffee engineer left in my coffee shop but he side that you can not twisted and they sending them over to germany to fill it up, how much did u pay on ebay?

Laugher

Just over £20 should of really bought a brand new one tbh just fort I would save a few quid.... Oh well the bloke who sells vyair only lives up the road from me will probs buy a new one off him

JDMW

how many L is it? mine is 11L and i paid 25 quid on ebay 2 years ago. this weeks the first time i used it.

JDMW

good size, just clean it out and fill it with resin mate. then test ya tds. mines 000. some people use 2 tanks

Laugher

Yeah thats what i will do, I've only bought it to use on rain water to get it down to 000ppm, do you filter the rain water before is goes through the di?

London Window Cleaning

quick question if my tap water is 170ppm, di like yours will bring it down to 0ppm ??

JDMW

i wudnt use a di on water over 60 tbh. it will run out pretty quick if used all the time. maybe now and then wud be ok i think

JDMW

Yeah thats what i will do, I've only bought it to use on rain water to get it down to 000ppm, do you filter the rain water before is goes through the di?

yeh i use j cloths that go into a bucket with holes in the bottom then into my tank, then the water goes into my van system and in the di. i got filter from a motorcycle fuel line in the hose aswell to get little bits.