Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A big opportunity!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ok mate, well just wanted to let you know that what you said doesn't apply to me, I don't go round flaunting money earnt, nor ever go on about canvassing, not sure @Green Pro Clean Ltd does either?

Some do, but anyway, it's up to the person if they feel they can assist Evie, I'm sure he could do with you and daves help anyway, so if he goes for the contract, why not get on board...

We'll see, might not even happen, totally up to Evie...

Firstly thanks for everyone's input!

I started the thread just for a bit off input and putting the feelers out there.

If it's as big as I've been told then odvoiusly I'm going to consider all avenues.

Until I no the exact amount of work,sites,and locations and travel it's hard to make any decisions

I've actually been to he gym this morning with my mate who is in charge of it all and let's say it's defiantly moving forward!

He's already pointed out there firm has a massive infrastructure and will work behind the scenes in assisting me as this is to there benefit!

I have all sorts going through my head with the possible chicken farm contract and this

One option is investing massive with the help from family and setting up totally and putting vans out but

Going limited vat registered and doing a total commercial cleaning company and targeting all new commercial premises not just for windows but steam cleaning,pressure washing,carpet cleaning,train cleaning,solar panels and having a division for each

Also toyed with setting up a cleaning supplie company as there is nothing round my way including selling hiring carpet and pressure washing and window cleaning gear and would run at side of this!

But it's hard when you have a already good steady living that you enjoy with no risks time at home with the family etc etc

There is also another contract in the pipeline with Barrett homes which I didn't mention but basically my wife's brother is one of the md's and has offered me all the builders clean on all new builds not just houses!

But I've seen the stress he is in and never with the family

I'm a simple man who Goes to work with no stress make a good living and have my side earners selling cars and vans which I love

Basically how do I change when I'm not sure I want to

Hellpppp!!!

Who said i am not happy Jake?

I just stated that some people are busy and it is hard to fit more work in and earn more if people are so busy

Where is the jealousy i apparently have??

It was a bit of tongue in cheek humour with no names mentioned so why do some people take it personally

Eh? If it's worth while, you'd simply get rid of a few bad payers/houses,
Or get more staff, it depends on what the work is like,

I've got lots of large contracts that I fit Inbetween window cleaning now and it works nicely,

I have two subbies that work with me on any large work, it would be fine...

Not sure why you can't just be happy,

Jealous? /emoticons/tongue.png

It might not happen, but as far as I'm concerned it's a good opportunity if Evie decides to go for it...

@Jake I have on a fair few occasions spoken on the topic of canvassing, but only to offer my advice and lessons learnt from my personal canvassing experiences. We do not currently spend any time canvassing for our own business as we do not need to.

@TolishAPurd Perhaps it has something to do with areas (I believe as I recall you are in Cambridgeshire) but I don't see why your figures should be any lower than someone from up around areas such as myself or Evie. I run a very compact round, I do not need to travel any more than 2.4 miles to my furthest customer on the residential rounds and they are lined up in 'clusters' where we can do up to 8 jobs without having to move the van

As you know yourself with well bunched customers you can blitz them out very quickly to a perfect standard if you're not having to move job to job.

Starting at 8am and plodding along we are usually done by 2pm and yes we do usually take a fair bit more than £200 per day for our efforts, but that's why I am self employed, so that I can dictate how hard I work and how much I earn. I don't post pictures of wads of cash nor often talk about what I make but when I do it is more to help newbies to game realize what is possible with hard work and planning.

As for helping Evie, there are a fair few of us on here that have proven records of being able to manage large projects and complete them as required. Once again as you know we have recently completed the Grand Central builders clean in Birmingham and this was achieved without sacrificing or interfering with our regular commitments. In fact over the entire six week contract I myself only needed to go to Birmingham on five individual occasions.

I' do apologize if my ambitions and success on occasions offends you.

You seem rather bitter @TolishAPurd about how others run and handle their business or is it just aimed at myself? I know you and I had a 'to do' on another thread a couple of weeks back but I thought we were past that.

@Eviestevie, Keep me in for any work in Norfolk/Suffolk (can work along with @Jake as he's close to me). Be awesome to work together, and I have a few good contacts this way in case more hands are needed /emoticons/wink.png

@Eviestevie, Keep me in for any work in Norfolk/Suffolk (can work along with @Jake as he's close to me). Be awesome to work together, and I have a few good contacts this way in case more hands are needed /emoticons/wink.png
We still need that beer Jon :thumbsup:/emoticons/wink.png

But yeah defo, we can cover most of 'east' east Anglia between us

Who said i am not happy Jake?I just stated that some people are busy and it is hard to fit more work in and earn more if people are so busy

Where is the jealousy i apparently have??

It was a bit of tongue in cheek humour with no names mentioned so why do some people take it personally
Ok Dave, it just didn't seem funny, seems that some people tend to get a bit jealous at times. I don't see why you can't be part of it,

Being busy would never be a reason not to take on better paid work, that's all.

I remember the post where i had a wad of cash..that was a post about the pros and cons of self employment if i remember rightly

I posted it to show why i work for myself..not to boast about money as i never say what i earn daily usually as it is nobody's business but mine

Some people on the forum do boast a lot but that is their business. .i just get fed up with all the bickering and stuff on here..never used to be like ciu

Come back smurf is what i say..in those days everything was taken as a joke and was more lighthearted in here

The thread had no bickering, only when tolish said what he did.

Never mind,

And no, smurf caused more arguments than all of us out together...

Smurf had his moments but on the whole everyone had a more lighthearted attitude

Yes people say the wrong thing sometimes most of the time unintentionally but we used to just ignore things and carry on with good natured chat

Just seems to be more and more arguments on here now

End of the day people don't have to log on if they don't like it but would be nice if everyone just got on with it and we got back to normality

As said, this thread was going fine when me and green were talkmg to Evie...

As green said above, it does seem tolosh is jealous. Sorry if we're wrong, but it's a little bit obvious, otherwise why bother commenting on this thread? Just let us get on with it,

And your welcome to join in, I'm sure Evie will need all the help he can get...bit if not, then no point what so ever, questioning us...

No point making little comments and non helpful remarks,

We're busy, but that shouldn't bother you guys? It's like green said, it's up to us how we run our business...

/emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tolish has nothing to be jealous of i can assure you

He is just getting fed up with everyone's attitude on here also i reckon

Just not fun anymore

But like i said each to their own we seem to have hijacked stevies thread now

Wow which I not bought it now!lol

Carnt beat a good debate!(arguement)

I blame it on the weather,I think every ones suffering SAD(seasonal affective disorder)

Come on lads it's nearly tip time

I miss the blue one lol

Don't know if I believe in the s.a.d. mullarkey but it certainly has been miserable lateley

I got a fascia and window job to do in a new 4 bed detached custy first thing tomorrow and i couldn't think of anything worse in this miserable weather

Please do not paraphrase and miss quote me guys. I never said TolishAPurd was jealous I said (and just in my opinion) he seemed bitter about something but I did not say jealous.
Sorry green, wrong word, bitter, not jealous,

Same difference...

Anyway, as I said, no one needs to run other people's businesses on here, that's all I'm saying tolish and Dave, if we're busy, that's good, if we want to help Evie, that's also good !

I miss the blue one lol
Don't know if I believe in the s.a.d. mullarkey but it certainly has been miserable lateley

I got a fascia and window job to do in a new 4 bed detached custy first thing tomorrow and i couldn't think of anything worse in this miserable weather
Think I do believe in it I defiantly seem a little more agitated when the weathers ****!hate being indoors!

I use a product called melatonin in the winter and a blast in sunbed once a month seems to help

I'm building a big out wooden shed/office at the mo it's doing my head in

Tools out!tools in!tools out!tools in!tools over fence!!!!!

O God!!!!!Anyone got any jokes???

And please don't reply with a members name on here haha
You might as well just forget about this thread Evie,

Just pm those that you want to help, if you go for the job mate

Latest Posts

Back