Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed re cleaning of swimming pool conny roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes if you ask for a standard male hozlock connector for the pole hose when you order your slx or if you get one of the others type of quick connects you will have to buy some more bit to make it fit a garden hose reel that connects to an outside tap.

Looking at the height of the inside of that swimming pool roof you may just struggle with a 18 ft pole standing at the side of the pool to reach over to try cleaning the centre of the roof. And defo would need to work from a ladder to do the outside.

Cheers smurf. Excuse my ignorance, but could that pole be connected to an ordinary hose pipe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes if you ask for a standard male hozlock connector for the pole hose when you order your slx or if you get one of the others type of quick connects you will have to buy some more bit to make it fit a garden hose reel that connects to an outside tap.
Looking at the height of the inside of that swimming pool roof you may just struggle with a 18 ft pole standing at the side of the pool to reach over to try cleaning the centre of the roof. And defo would need to work from a ladder to do the outside.
Cheers smurf. Regarding the inside of the roof, the customer has asked me to only clean the parts that can be easily reached. He is fairly relaxed about it. When I next call pass by, which is most days, I will quickly pop in and re check the measurements before I buy anything.

You may recall me getting stuck on a balcony......it was at this very same place.

. And defo would need to work from a ladder to do the outside.
He wouldn't need a ladder to do the outside @Smurf. He could buy a 30' fibre glass pole to reach that. Weight wouldn't be an issue as the weight of the pole will be resting on the glass anyway and help put some pressure on the muck.

Sorry to bang on about this, but need to buy my waterfed pole with brush this week. Just wondered if anyone knew if the unger hiflo poles were any good:
http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-hiflo-advance-6-sections-glass-fibre-84m-reach-856-p.asp

I do dither:confused:
yep stuck that in my favorites.....its a budget pole and you cant really moan at that price...most will say pay more to get a better quality but depends how much you plan to use it....for me its only going to be odd windows....i will let you buy it and try it first of course...he he he..:whistle:

Good idea cnc.....I will try it out for you......always one to oblige. Trying out a nice glass of apple wine for you right now....I can recommend it.might try another one out for you....just to make sure.

Its difficult to find reviews on these poles...the unger hiflo pole looks ok, the gardiner sounds like a quality pole, and the xtel looks good, with a good price tag. I may as well get one thats gojng to perform for me and isnt going to let me down. I have got loads of customers with grotty looking conservatory roofs, so at least I can offer out an extra service.

Iit had one of those tay. I had the 30' one. Very heavy and floppy, but if you're just using it on the pool roof, it'll be OK. It's not a pole you'd want to use at 30' on a house.
So not one for the long term by the sounds of It tuffers?

Have you tried the xtel you sent me the link on?

So not one for the long term by the sounds of It tuffers?
Have you tried the xtel you sent me the link on?
It got me started in WFP, but like anything you gain knowledge of better gear. If you're doing conny roofs, then it will be OK as you're not aiming it at a vertical window, but you will be resting it on the roof, so no real aiming as such. Never tried the xtel mate, but they are both fibreglass and will be heavy. But being heavy will help you with pressing down on the muck on roofs.

I remember that changing a brush on the Unger was a pain, as you had to disconnect the pole hose from the brush and feed the pole hose down the pole instead of up. Would a Gardiner 27' do the job?http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/CL-X-Carbon-Composite-Pole-CLX_27.html or is that more than you want to pay?

you are probably right to say pay a bit more tuffers..i was going to look at the weight more than anything...but of course we have to factor in the pure water unit and the delivery system as well....that is a very tempting pole...will stick it in my favorites..../emoticons/smile.png

it for conny roofst got me started in WFP, but like anything you gain knowledge of better gear. If you're doing conny roofs, then it will be OK as you're not aiming it at a vertical window, but you will be resting it on the roof, so no real aiming as such. Never tried the xtel mate, but they are both fibreglass and will be heavy. But being heavy will help you with pressing down on the muck on roofs.
I remember that changing a brush on the Unger was a pain, as you had to disconnect the pole hose from the brush and feed the pole hose down the pole instead of up. Would a Gardiner 27' do the job?http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/CL-X-Carbon-Composite-Pole-CLX_27.html or is that more than you want to pay?
Cheers tuffers. I am just going to be using It for conny roofs, so like you say, a little weight might help. The hiflo system was tempting me because of the soap dispenser, which, presumably will make the job easier. Tempted to go for either the xtel or the gardiner......so long as either will connect to a standard hose.

you are probably right to say pay a bit more tuffers..i was going to look at the weight more than anything...but of course we have to factor in the pure water unit and the delivery system as well....that is a very tempting pole...will stick it in my favorites..../emoticons/smile.png
Hope am not getting confused with these poles......they can be connected to a regular house hosepipe...cant they?

I prefer to be up close to the roof so can see what I'm doing @Tuffers especially on a deep clean. Also those pointy bits are going to be a challenge to clean properly.

He wouldn't need a ladder to do the outside @Smurf. He could buy a 30' fibre glass pole to reach that. Weight wouldn't be an issue as the weight of the pole will be resting on the glass anyway and help put some pressure on the muck.

Latest Posts

Back