Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed re cleaning of swimming pool conny roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
keep us informed mrtaytay...am looking myself as my ali one got a little bent today ...too much pressure on it and i dont know if i can get it straight again.../emoticons/smile.png

I am planning to do the top part of the roof from my smaller ladder tuffers and then the bottom part from the ground. A 24 foot pole will reach easily. The ground rises from the foot of the conservatory, so slightly elevates you.

I am planning to do the top part of the roof from my smaller ladder tuffers and then the bottom part from the ground. A 24 foot pole will reach easily. The ground rises from the foot of the conservatory, so slightly elevates you.
Gotcha :thumbsup:

and of course you will be wearing trunks...:rofl:

I was serious when I mentioned wearing trunks cnc or at least take dry clothing to change into as if the water is not too deep if need be could clean the middle of the roof that way by pole and/or ladder/platform. At least if you fell would make a nice splash:D

But best not to mess about with electrics at the same time though:laugh:

Cordless drill springs to mind :whistle:

electrician%20in%20water.jpg

I ordered my pole last night -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24ft-XTEL-Glass-Fibre-Water-fed-Pole-WFP-/350258273710?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_2921wt_1090

It arrives tomorrow. I emailed the supplier a few questions at the time of ordering, one of which was whether the brush head would be ok for conny roof cleaning or was there a better one to be had. They replied as follows............ "The brush head that is supplied with the pole is mainly used for window cleaning we supply a stiffer brush head that is better for conservatory roofs that costs £30.60 including VAT".

Tuffers did suggest ( If I ordered the Gardiner pole) that I picked the sill brush. Anyway, my question is, do you think the brush head supplied with the pole i have purchased will be ok for cleaning conny roofs.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wouldn't bother laying out another 30 quid Tay, just see how you get on and go from there. If the supplied one is too soft, you'll know for the next job :thumbsup:

cheers tuffers.......the swimming pool conny roof doesnt look too bad anyway....not like some of the green ones you see.

Might test it out on a mates conny roof just up the lane...he can supply the beer while i clean.

You could always try wrap a microfiber cloth around the brush head for a bit more scrubbing power if needs be and use some chem/soap too;)

cheers tuffers.......the swimming pool conny roof doesnt look too bad anyway....not like some of the green ones you see.
Might test it out on a mates conny roof just up the lane...he can supply the beer while i clean.
The green ones are sometimes the easiest to do I find.

Well my pole finally arrived yesterday. I have just been outside to hook it up to the outside tap but its not working as it should. It has a male hoselock fitting so I assumed it would fit properly into a female hose connector. In fact the retailer did confirm this in an e mail. These were their words.......... "Hello thank you very much for your purchase from us this pole comes with a male hoselock fitting so it will connect into a female hose connector"......... When I connect the male hoselock to the female hose connector the fitting seems very loose and not snug or tight as you would expect. When I turn the tap on, the water just forces the male hoselock forward meaning no water feeds into the water fed pole. I have tried a couple of female hoselock connectors only to get the same result. Is there another fitting I need to make this work properly? I was hoping to get the job done this thursday and friday but I cant see that happening.

Latest Posts

Back