Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice On What To Do Please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Now the water secrets are coming out thick and fast. :Image16:

Maybe If you messure the height of installing say a 400 flat tank you may still have the head room to board the top of the tank over to get the mower kit in as well. If so then would just need ramps to get the mower etc in/out of the van when needed to carry it about.

If not then go for a 400 upright tank instead.

Looking at my combo this is what i would do.

i think a 400 upright right will fit in behind bulk head.

ideally a simple retaining kit or strapped in.

I dont think it could come through to cabin as design of van will stop it.

a 400L upright would only need 360mm depth. it is wide at 1250mm and it is high at 1m high. BUT i am sure it will fit.

I would then get the van fully kitted out and weighed with you in it.

Then you can see what you can use.

i would imagine 300L and you will be fine. No way with a lawnmower as well tho!

I mean him,300L and his normal work stuff.

I had my van weighed with me and 300L and all my stuff and it came in at 1810kg. I weigh 19 stone. so i still have a good 190kg to play with.

all week i have been using 400-450 in my combo and tbh i didnt even know i was carrying an extra 100L of water

Looking at my combo this is what i would do.
i think a 400 upright right will fit in behind bulk head.

ideally a simple retaining kit or strapped in.

I dont think it could come through to cabin as design of van will stop it.

a 400L upright would only need 360mm depth. it is wide at 1250mm and it is high at 1m high. BUT i am sure it will fit.

I would then get the van fully kitted out and weighed with you in it.

Then you can see what you can use.

i would imagine 300L and you will be fine. No way with a lawnmower as well tho!
I've got the caged bulkhead with swing door, yeah the 400 upright would fit in the back

400 would give you the most space mate. That's why.

You couldn't fill it to the brim tho.

You may find if you get the van weighed you may be able to fill it to say 370l who knows.

400 would give you the most space mate. That's why. You couldn't fill it to the brim tho.

You may find if you get the van weighed you may be able to fill it to say 370l who knows.
Yeah I agree it's a bit jam packed at the minute so any bit of extra room would be good

if want to use more watr and carry the extra weight,,,uprate your springs for less than 40 qiud usin the spring assistors,,fitted n few mins by yourself well easy

Look at it like this. If u got for a 350litre tank by the time u have done your first 1 or 2 jobs your gunna be underweight again.

Just make sure your first job of the day is close to home......

Dont drive like a mad man. Keep your speed down and u will be fine......

Tbh even with 350 litres u still may not last 8 hours.

I have a combo 1700di with a 500 ltr tank in it and until very recently ran 2 men from it for 8 hours a day no problem .... tbh though tank was never filled over 400 ltrs ... now down to just me and 300 ltrs will last me a day and a half easy unless lots of first cleans.

To save pure water whilst working the most convenient method I have found so far to date to turn the water on/off is to use aqua-dapters on your poles. You will be surprised how much pure water is wasted in a day by not turning the water off when it’s not needed.

Look at it like this. If u got for a 350litre tank by the time u have done your first 1 or 2 jobs your gunna be underweight again. Just make sure your first job of the day is close to home......

Dont drive like a mad man. Keep your speed down and u will be fine......

Tbh even with 350 litres u still may not last 8 hours.
Good point, even with the 350 I would still have go home to fill up again at some point

To save pure water whilst working the most convenient method I have found so far to date to turn the water on/off is to use aqua-dapters on your poles. You will be surprised how much pure water is wasted in a day by not turning the water off when it’s not needed. [/size]
I might have to purchase one and give it ago I can imagine I am wasting a lot of water a day

Aquadapters offer immense benefits imho and not just water savings. If predominantly used on standard residential then the additional weight is hardly noticeable and as with everything you get atuned to it.

My helper last week was really impressed with it and often a new set of eyes offers a good impartial view.

laugher just get a 350 upright/flat tank you will be fine, 400l upright doesnt fit in the combo, i wouldnt go for the 400l flat as there are awful for air locks and you will find the pump will draw air in when there is a good 50+ litres left in the tank.

i used to use a 350l upright in a combo (sold it to extreme damo), you will prob be on the limit of the vans payload until you start your first house,

the wydale tanks are **** though, I got fed up with feeling sea sick after every drive

Back