Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice On What To Do Please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laugher,think most people have missed the point-turn your flow rate down to four-(wife works on three and has no complaints)may take some getting used to always worked on three/four on maintainance cleans never had a problem-that should save around 20% of pure-top up when you can using a di-shocking to even suggest but if you are stuck all churches have outside taps=holy water?w i have never tried this but i'm sure the local church would welcome a tenner for a tank full think about it

Seen them on ebay at about £25. Reconditioned
I bought one one of those too. To cheap to pass up. I had a tap on my other pole set up and there no way I could go back to that to much messing around in my opinion. Its way quicker and less trouble with the AA

laugher,think most people have missed the point-turn your flow rate down to four-(wife works on three and has no complaints)may take some getting used to always worked on three/four on maintainance cleans never had a problem-that should save around 20% of pure-top up when you can using a di-shocking to even suggest but if you are stuck all churches have outside taps=holy water?w i have never tried this but i'm sure the local church would welcome a tenner for a tank full think about it
Get an analogue controller you can then find the flow rate thats best suits you.

laugher just get a 350 upright/flat tank you will be fine, 400l upright doesnt fit in the combo, i wouldnt go for the 400l flat as there are awful for air locks and you will find the pump will draw air in when there is a good 50+ litres left in the tank.

i used to use a 350l upright in a combo (sold it to extreme damo), you will prob be on the limit of the vans payload until you start your first house,

the wydale tanks are **** though, I got fed up with feeling sea sick after every drive
Thats interesting, i thought a 400 would fit. Glad i never bought one cheers!!!!

I am trying an idea to stop sloshing, and i think it will work.

Still not fitted your tank lol, been wayyyyy too busy.

I've measured a 400 upright so it should fit in my berlingo but would be a tight fit.

I also have a 450 flat tank that I know for sure it fits in my berlingo OK.

They also do other size tanks that are not so say flat or upright as I know them but are somewhere in between both but still call them upright or flat which is very confusing to me http://www.wydaleproducts.co.uk/products/cat/3/wydaletanks/

Look at it like this. If u got for a 350litre tank by the time u have done your first 1 or 2 jobs your gunna be underweight again.

Just make sure your first job of the day is close to home......

Dont drive like a mad man. Keep your speed down and u will be fine......

Tbh even with 350 litres u still may not last 8 hours.
NO.....don't look at it like that......

Look at it like this.......

Your breaking the law if your vehicle is over-weight, and if you are involved in an accident your in deep poo.

Doesn't matter how far your first job is from home or if you the most sensible driver in the world.....accidents do happen.

NO.....don't look at it like that......

Look at it like this.......

Your breaking the law if your vehicle is over-weight, and if you are involved in an accident your in deep poo.

Doesn't matter how far your first job is from home or if you the most sensible driver in the world.....accidents do happen.
just my opinion...... we all break the law by speeding from time to time or not whering our seatbelts.....|

My aquadapter wastes me time, money and water!! I prefer a handheld flow control tap, is much easier, quicker and dosent mess about
I too like my tap. I tend to hold the pole hose in my hand with the tap just below, so the tap is within an inch or two of my fingers. If I've walked away from the tap, I'll kink the hose and drape the pole over my shoulder and bend down and turn the water off with my free hand.

I have a tap on the end of my minibore hose but always walk away from it while cleaning and waste a lot of water to turn it off.

Have bought taps to go on my poles but bought the clamps are to big

ian that set up looks awful, tank unsecure, a complete mess i dont know you work out of it.

this was a the set up in my old combo, it had a 350l flat tank.

looks aint everything ... work just fine .. tank is secured by 10 ton straps against 2 inch thick roll bar between me and tank .... aint going anywhere .... would like it neat like yours but van doubles for pressure washing so equipment cant be fixed like in yours ..... but yours looks good.

Ian have you the caged door bulkhead?
no ... van had got 2 very thick bars near bottom and midway up with steel mesh from top to midway down then a thin metal panel for lower third ... thin metal panel and mesh wouldnt stop tank in a crash but the 2 metal bars defo would ... they look factory fit to me ......... always think a caged in tank is better / safer but this is more than up to job.

Back