Advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Posh, Feb 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Bought a packpack and a pole. Getting my pure water from a mate as just using the thing for the odd window. What I wanna do is try it out first so don't wanna waste the pure water I got so here's my question. If I put normal water in it just to try it out will I have to clean it all out before I put pure water through it or can I just stick the pure water in and away I go. Obvously getting all the normal water out first but worried about the water left in the pole and pipe. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

You may need to run a little pure water through to rinse it out, but if you have a tds meter, use it, and as long as the water coming through is pure, its fine. But why would you want to try it with tap water?, seems a bit pointless, as you are not going to get a proper demonstration of what it can do. If you are using it to get used to the system you are not wasting the pure water, and surely it isnt that valuable anyway!.

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Yeah true can see yer point. Don't wanna get to a house having not used it and I'm only getting 50ltrs a month so didd'nt really want to waste it but can see yer point. Running a bit of pure water should do the trick. Thanks mate.

4. chip

chip Guru

agreed. if you test it with tapwater you won't dare take wfp to a custy! i suppose you just want to get the feel of using a pole, but if you clean your bedroom window, you'll likely use little more than a liter

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

You read my mind chip, i was just goin to say try it on your own windows! :)

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Thanks chaps

Advertisement