Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

And so it begins...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No need to work weekends, got too much other things I'd rather be doing, family, friends, hobbies etc.

If you are that busy you need to be looking at ways to work smarter.

If I worked that much, I'd be constantly knackered, stressed and a miserable barstuard. 

Increase your prices or take someone on. Work hard during the week then give yourself a break. 

No need to work weekends, got too much other things I'd rather be doing, family, friends, hobbies etc.

If you are that busy you need to be looking at ways to work smarter.

If I worked that much, I'd be constantly knackered, stressed and a miserable barstuard. 

Increase your prices or take someone on. Work hard during the week then give yourself a break. 
My problem is that I work with my father in law, who's books are full between 9 & 12/1 6 days a week and a round that he insists can only be done on a Saturday, with 2 of us, and I work between 12/1 & 3 on my work and I'm at 75% full. His work is 90% trad, im trying to convert him, but it's taking time as he gives them a choice, and is cash only. Then we have to squeeze add-ons in as well. With his work I'm playing the long game as when he retires/stops on the glass I get all the work, and then there will be a huge price rise, total conversion and I'm getting rid of the Saturday work. I think odds are it'll be in the next 2-3 years that he gives up. Also he doesn't work in the rain, so if it's wet and I've cleared my work then that's my days off

I’ve probably only worked 3 Saturday’s in 35 years. And certainly never on a sunday!!  Actually I don’t work on a thurs or fri either unless I’ve swapped it for another day. Everyone does it their own way. I don’t need or want a lot of money. I earn all I need in 3 days. As said above..... no one is gonna lay on their death bed wishing they’d worked more hours. 

I’ve probably only worked 3 Saturday’s in 35 years. And certainly never on a sunday!!  Actually I don’t work on a thurs or fri either unless I’ve swapped it for another day. Everyone does it their own way. I don’t need or want a lot of money. I earn all I need in 3 days. As said above..... no one is gonna lay on their death bed wishing they’d worked more hours. 

it's simple, just enjoy life and enjoy spending the money you make. Two people in my life died last year, one left £60k and other left seven figures and they wouldn't spend a penny. So, all the relatives will be spending it. I'm investing my cut in my windy business.

I did just over 28 hours on the glass this week, as I've said now I've gone Wfp it saves me 2 hours a day, so this is like part time to me and I'm not missing any work, the main difference is it's been pretty windy here this week and I wouldn't have used the ladder much.
I can normally do Monday-Thursday, now springs on its way I'll start getting asked to do frame cleans, conny roofs etc, so I'll do Fridays for add ons.
I don't like working Saturdays and haven't done one for a year, it steals your weekend and before you know it it's Monday.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Frame cleans??

That is part of cleaning a window wfp 

Frame cleans??
That is part of cleaning a window wfp 
Deffo but there are still trad guys that don’t include frames as part of there job as that’s what they’ve been doin for the last 20+ years and customers are happy to pay for a one off frame clean when they are looking a bit grubby. It pains me to see that with all the advice out there, there is still guys not cleaning frames with wfp and giving it a bad name which makes life harder for everyone using it properly to try and convince customers that wfp is the way to go and your not gonna get a better clean using traditional methods although I still do quite a lot of trad myself.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Deffo but there are still trad guys that don’t include frames as part of there job as that’s what they’ve been doin for the last 20+ years and customers are happy to pay for a one off frame clean when they are looking a bit grubby. It pains me to see that with all the advice out there, there is still guys not cleaning frames with wfp and giving it a bad name which makes life harder for everyone using it properly to try and convince customers that wfp is the way to go and your not gonna get a better clean using traditional methods although I still do quite a lot of trad myself.

I was trad only for 25 years nearly and always cleaned frames

I wouldn't call it a proper job missing frames whatever method i used

Same here, but with a few less years under my belt. If you give em a good goin over on the first clean they only need quick wipe that takes seconds from then on. I was just pointing out that there is still a lot of cleaners out there that don’t.

Same here, but with a few less years under my belt. If you give em a good goin over on the first clean they only need quick wipe that takes seconds from then on. I was just pointing out that there is still a lot of cleaners out there that don’t.

I knew what you meant.. can't believe with the amount of competition out there nowadays some still don't bother

it's simple, just enjoy life and enjoy spending the money you make. Two people in my life died last year, one left £60k and other left seven figures and they wouldn't spend a penny. So, all the relatives will be spending it. I'm investing my cut in my windy business.

Absoloutely, i think its just a case of figuring out how much money you want/need to live the life you want to live.

For some they wont be happy until they are living in a million pound house and owning a yot in the south of france and thats cool.

For other they might earn enough in 2 days and just cover bills and just enjoy an easy life, not much expenses.

Theres no right or wrong, just do what makes you happy

Last edited by a moderator:
Absoloutely, i think its just a case of figuring out how much money you want/need to live the life you want to live.

For some they wont be happy until they are living in a million pound house and owning a yot in the south of france and thats cool.

For other they might earn enough in 2 days and just cover bills and just enjoy an easy life, not much expenses.

Theres no right or wrong, just do what makes you happy
Absolutely :- Anyway, I'm getting into this softwashing in a big way. I powerwash patios & Driveways but not anymore, chems is the answer. 

Same as me, I always used the 'Frames and sills cleaned free of charge' as a huge selling point. It also meant I could charge more than other windies in the area because I'd say 'that includes the frames, sills and everything'.

Customer gets a great looking clean and I get paid more. no brainer if you're up at the window anyway.

All I have to say on frames and sills is, I am happy to take anyone's customer off them if they do a bad enough job of the frames and sills.  I have a customer that paid for a restoration two years ago, and he has not touched the frames and sill since.  And he is 100% WFP.  I will show some pics when I get round to it, the state of them was incredible for a customer that had been paying for 4 weekly maintenance cleans from a wfp guy with a van system that had previously done a restoration, from what he had been saying he was hoping to get the restoration again.

Back