Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Wfp'ers Getting This Lately?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When i first started out trad I would take on any work going.

lead, georgian, terrace, every other month, one house on a street, ladders back on ,round to another street for one house.

Looking back, to have had a wc to teach me the tricks, and the do's and dont's would have helped me a great deal.

But when your on your own you sink or swim, and all the tough times have given me a tough resolve to build the business into what it is now.

Now every customer I have is 5 weeks, I don't change that rule for anybody.

I loose a handfull a year, because I don't budge.

I've served my time with all the ****, now I can make the rules.

My trick,

Polite, competetive price, A high standard of work, punctual.

If you can provide your customers that, then most in my experience are very happy with 5 weeks.

rs2315.

No worries if the decided to go two monthly for me,I could get another van on the road but think I could make a bit of a bungle.

IMO 4 weeks is miles to quick. I offer a 6 weekly or 8 weekly & my customers love the 6 weekly. It gives me a bit of leeway if I'm late through weather but they don't mind if I turn up after 8 weeks. Lucky for me there not that much into time keeping.

Work on a 6 week basis, but up to the customer. Whatever they want, they get - I just adjust the price a little to compensate. Got a couple that want it fortnightly, and others that want it every 12 weeks. No big deal.

Picked up a £30 house today as her existing window cleaner said she had to have them cleaned every 4 weeks, whereas she wanted them done every 6. Thanks very much.

Yep being flexible helps to win new work and can keep existing good customers happy too.

I had a call last Thursday night. Fella wanted windows cleaned every 2 weeks and weren't arsed how much. I turns up on the Friday afternoon to see a for sale board in the garden. OK me thinks, this won't last long, but I can make a few £ over the weeks. So I charged him £15 as it was 2 weekly. Got a phone call the next day, they'd sold and didn't require my services any longer. GRR. I should have charged him top dollar in hindsight, what a bungler I am.

I have worked the windows for over 22 years and 50% of my work is fortnightly and the other is 4 weekly. The fortnightly is great work as i,m doing the windows often I see the customers regular and have become almost a friend to them all. Not to mention the windows aren't so grimy. Its also the work that I pick up the most too.

I clean my own windows every 2 weeks (missus orders) and after 2 weeks they do begin to get dirty as does all my fortnightly work.

I have also observed that after cleaning my own windows WFP for the last 5 months that they get dirty at exactly the same rate as when cleaned the Traditional way.

i even get custies saying after 8 weeks " god , is it that time already"
Image11.png
yep

The only ones that don't get done on a regular basis are my own! Just wait until the wife starts nagging more than once a day.

Latest Posts

Back