Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Average customer retention?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

idk how to ask something like this, because the rate depend on how you use customer-loyalty instruments! Better read some books or researches on this topic

Hi all,

Looking at starting up this Febuary hitting lead gen hard and fast target getting 100 new customers per month (for the first 2 months).

Can you please enlighten me with your customer retention rates so I can factor this into my model?

E.g how many out of 10 will still be with you in 6 months, 12 months etc 

Honest figures please based on your own experience.
How things working out for you so far?

I think it depends on how you start out with the customer in the beginning.

If right from when they ask you for a quote you ask "will it be a regular clean as I do it a bit cheaper" they always ask what's regular and you can take it from there.

Then when you finish the clean you say "all done see you in.......".

This seems to work for me so far....lol

In 2 yrs ive lost 2 customers to another cleaner that i know of.

Excluding 1offs ive probably lost 15 customers.

5 moved off my 'patch'

10 have died yes TENish have died

If you treat them right you wont lose them, dont fall into the trap of thinking your customers need you, remember you need your customers NOT  the other way round

In 2 yrs ive lost 2 customers to another cleaner that i know of.

Excluding 1offs ive probably lost 15 customers.

5 moved off my 'patch'

10 have died yes TENish have died

If you treat them right you wont lose them, dont fall into the trap of thinking your customers need you, remember you need your customers NOT  the other way round
Nah...they need me more! ?

Hi all,

Looking at starting up this Febuary hitting lead gen hard and fast target getting 100 new customers per month (for the first 2 months).

Can you please enlighten me with your customer retention rates so I can factor this into my model?

E.g how many out of 10 will still be with you in 6 months, 12 months etc 

Honest figures please based on your own experience.
All depends on the type of customer and how you get them. Be it you make first contact, they coming to you, lead generation etc. I got 3 walk ups last quarter, who have all now cancelled, and I had a feeling they would even before the first clean, but due to upheaval of last year, took them on just for the money, where normally I would of passed. Getting customers and good customers are two different things.  And also whether you contact them before your scheduled visit. Easier to cancel via text than face to face.

Back