Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back for the second time!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Parky

Hello Chaps.

I’ve not been on for nearly a year. Last summer I got caught up in a load of false allegations at work and spent three months sat at home stressed out. Once the investigation had been completed and I was found to not be involved in the s***e I was accused of I returned to work in November. Only to face “Restructuring” I had to apply for my own job and amazingly I was kept on. All through this period and since last summer I have remained determined to start up as a window cleaning business. I was told last week that we are having another restructure and I am hopefully going to take voluntary redundancy from my employer use that money and the 4k I have saved over the last twelve months to finally get myself up and running in the new year.

I hope everyone is flat out busy.

I’ll be pestering you all soon enough with stupid questions.

Many thanks

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
mate welcome and

dont be spending stupid money on a flash set up use ur 4k and save the rest for living on when building ur busimess

Sounds like you are best off out of there. Work is hard to come by in the early days so you will be swapping one stress for another. Don't blow all your cash on the tools, start simple.

i was recently watchin a full system minus tank sell for 88 quid on ebay the 4040 ro and 2 20 filters shut off vale pump controller hose and reel and di bargain

Cheers Duncs. Nice to be back mate. Anxious about making the move. Scared of being skint and trying something new, but i'll get knocking on doors i'm sure i'll be fine.

Just dropped my form in this morning for Voluntary Redundancy. I HOPE to leave at the end of February 2016. Once I know I'm leaving and the figure I’m getting I’m going to start getting sorted.

Fair Play I was s######g it!!

Not sleeping well at the moment due to continually thinking about how I’m going to generate business and cleaning windows. I’m excited and scared at the same time. I’ll be going from £400 a week……………………………….To nowt.

if you are getting a van , get it well signed, add pressure washing, driveway cleaning.

ive realised if i want to get more work out thre its all about being seen.

look about on ebay, gumtre for window cleaning rounds for sale. get you going. till it builds up.

you can always apply to be a bus driver. before all the imigrants get the jobs.

good luck,

where about you from.

Hello chaps. I’ve been lurking a lot on here over the last few weeks and not really posted much, but I have been doing lots of reading and homework.

Just an update. I leave my current job at the end of February. I have found a van (AA inspection being carried out today) insurance quote sorted through A-Plan. I’ve spoken to Pure Freedom about a Unit for my van and everything is moving along very nicely.

I know it’s been said before, but this forum has been a brilliant source of information for me over the last few months. Thanks Gavin for running the forum and everyone who continues to answer my questions.

I still can’t think of a name? Starting to do my head in now.

Have a good day all.

Back