Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bellend sparky..why do we have to desl with numptys?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Had an electrician who had a go at me earlier as i was working above over an extension as he was working under me putting a light on the wall with no water going that way due to the gutter above.

Only a 20 odd year old giving it the biggun and I put him in his place in front of the customer then knocked on the front and apologised to her.

She was fine but the lad was a ******* ***** who when I offered him to step out the garden put his mask on and said "2 metres I can't get near you"

??

Told me I would have to replace all his wet tools that were dry and I was a dlckhead.

Soon put him in his place.

Why do we have to deal with these idiots?

Had an electrician who had a go at me earlier as i was working above over an extension as he was working under me putting a light on the wall with no water going that way due to the gutter above.

Only a 20 odd year old giving it the biggun and I put him in his place in front of the customer then knocked on the front and apologised to her.

She was fine but the lad was a ******* ***** who when I offered him to step out the garden put his mask on and said "2 metres I can't get near you"

??

Told me I would have to replace all his wet tools that were dry and I was a dlckhead.

I never seem to get them, must be my angelic mannerisms 

My brother is one and he said we are the king of the building trade. Shocking ?
Would he say that if his pipes burst? Or would he call a plumber? No hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.

The harder someone has to work and strive to pay their bills and put food on the table the more I respect them. Cleaning lady is more respected and valued by me than the headteacher.

Would he say that if his pipes burst? Or would he call a plumber? No hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.

The harder someone has to work and strive to pay their bills and put food on the table the more I respect them. Cleaning lady is more respected and valued by me than the headteacher.
When I was a joiner they always thought they were better than the rest of the trades, so looks like nothings changed.

I’ve always found other tradesmen act differently, odd, patronising and sometimes a little bolshy when we as window cleaners show up. Been there a few times.
Builders ask you if you’re alright, and will you be able to do this or that alright, and “you’re not gonna stand on that are you?” Etc etc. Or similar to your story @Dave B when they say in a slightly confrontational voice “you’re not gonna get that wet are you?”
one pulled a face when I replied saying (after reassuring him I wouldn’t stand here or there or get that wet) one pulled a face when I said “you’ll be surprised to know, but I do do this as a profession” 

They seem to think they own that job. And it’s on their terms & conditions. 

Another job where I hear one builder whisper to his two numb nut mates something about me after I walk past them and they all laugh. 

Oh well. Leave them to it. That 20 odd electrician lad will be on here in 10 years time asking what brush & pole to start with and how much for a 2 bed semi ?

I’ve always found other tradesmen act differently, odd, patronising and sometimes a little bolshy when we as window cleaners show up. Been there a few times.
Builders ask you if you’re alright, and will you be able to do this or that alright, and “you’re not gonna stand on that are you?” Etc etc. Or similar to your story @Dave B when they say in a slightly confrontational voice “you’re not gonna get that wet are you?”
one pulled a face when I replied saying (after reassuring him I wouldn’t stand here or there or get that wet) one pulled a face when I said “you’ll be surprised to know, but I do do this as a profession” 

They seem to think they own that job. And it’s on their terms & conditions. 

Another job where I hear one builder whisper to his two numb nut mates something about me after I walk past them and they all laugh. 

Oh well. Leave them to it. That 20 odd electrician lad will be on here in 10 years time asking what brush & pole to start with and how much for a 2 bed semi ?

In my opinion the worst trade for bellends is scaffolders. 
Always wear shorts and t shirt in icy weather even though their teeth are chattering with cold.

Always walk like their carrying a roll of carpet under each arm.

And always talk like the king of bellends, Danny Dyer ????

The thing is 'proper tradesmen' do look down on us sometimes. But what they don't know is that we earn more than them ?. My lad who's a sparky used to work all over the country working away all week. He told me the foreman earned a grand a week and thought he was on mega bucks. Little do they know ?

??

You should have phoned his boss up and told him the situation that’s what I would do .???

Don't watch if you don't like bad language but this would be me as a sparky.

Last edited by a moderator:

??

I would of replaced his face layout for him and say goodnight 

Curious to know what youd have done if he said ok lets go, and took you up on your offer.
Good point. It used to make me laugh when I used to go to the football and there was a confrontation of a group of lads. It inevitably ended up with a bit of pavement dancing.

Just over a week ago I pulled a young bloke up for spitting in the street. I called him a 'dirty b@stard.' He replied with 'I'll spit in your face you old git.' I just looked at him and walked off. No point in fronting up to him. What a lovely society we live in!

I had a run in with a painter and decorator a couple of years ago. Sorry to say this chaps, but I've had more run ins with window cleaners!!

Back