Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bellend sparky..why do we have to desl with numptys?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I can honestly say I've never had a problem with anyone from any trades whether it's electricians,plumbers or builder's....if a customer is having outside work done I give them a miss,if its inside work and their tools are outside I'm respectful and don't wet their tools and I always say hello and quite a lot of the time engage in a bit of banter/chat....

People and tradesman up here in the North West are generally friendly and down to earth in my experience...

Last edited by a moderator:
C’mon tell us more ?
I've never bought work, so have upset a few of the territorial dunces. They think they can leave work for six even nine months, and come back and expect it to still be there. My hunch is they've been detained at her majesty's pleasure! I just make a report of any threat to the police, and they crawl back under the stone from where they came. I absolutely love taking work from this sort. Love it....

I've never bought work, so have upset a few of the territorial dunces. They think they can leave work for six even nine months, and come back and expect it to still be there. My hunch is they've been detained at her majesty's pleasure! I just make a report of any threat to the police, and they crawl back under the stone from where they came. I absolutely love taking work from this sort. Love it....
Wtf are they threatening that you have to go to the police?

Curious to know what youd have done if he said ok lets go, and took you up on your offer.
I don't mean to sound like I'm boasting but after learning several different martial arts most of my life and being an ex boxer and ex army I do think I could put my money where my mouth is.

Not many people who could actually do much of any consequence to me.

The point is he was all mouth and no trousers. 

Wtf are they threatening that you have to go to the police?
Some underclass window cleaners still think if they buy a round, that it's their patch! They try to intimidate by using verbal threats! Honestly, there is still that mentality by some up here! Three toed! 

Some underclass window cleaners still think if they buy a round, that it's their patch! They try to intimidate by using verbal threats! Honestly, there is still that mentality by some up here! Three toed! 
Funny you should say this I had a new guy years ago come over and hesitantly ask me if it was ok for him to canvass this area I was working in as several had told him “ it’s my patch “ I said there is no such thing as a patch all are free  to canvass ware ever they want but don’t  undercut my prices and try and pinch my customers but apart from that fill your boots , I still see this guy to this day and we always stop and have a chat about work and we are both similar in price this benefits us both so we have a good working relationship he even passes on gutter vac work to us as he doesn’t do that , so we do help each other out I sometimes give him referrals in roads I know he already has a lot of work in as it makes sense for him to do the odd extra one hear and there rather than us . There is no need for hostility between cleaners there is more than enough work out there for us all . 

They are the sort I would happily knock next door while they are working and ask do they need a window cleaner. 

They don't phase me as I just ignore them. 

Funny you should say this I had a new guy years ago come over and hesitantly ask me if it was ok for him to canvass this area I was working in as several had told him “ it’s my patch “ I said there is no such thing as a patch all are free  to canvass ware ever they want but don’t  undercut my prices and try and pinch my customers but apart from that fill your boots , I still see this guy to this day and we always stop and have a chat about work and we are both similar in price this benefits us both so we have a good working relationship he even passes on gutter vac work to us as he doesn’t do that , so we do help each other out I sometimes give him referrals in roads I know he already has a lot of work in as it makes sense for him to do the odd extra one hear and there rather than us . There is no need for hostility between cleaners there is more than enough work out there for us all . 
I always stop and chat to any window cleaner I see around. In my eyes, a rising tide raises all ships - competition drives prices up (or down unfortunately if they're bucket bobs!) and forces us all to up our game. I've also bailed a local windy out when he had no change to give to a customer - he paid it back the next time I saw him in the area. You never know, they might help you out some day.

Totally agree. Thankfully the three toed ones are in the vast minority ?

I always stop and chat to any window cleaner I see around. In my eyes, a rising tide raises all ships - competition drives prices up (or down unfortunately if they're bucket bobs!) and forces us all to up our game. I've also bailed a local windy out when he had no change to give to a customer - he paid it back the next time I saw him in the area. You never know, they might help you out some day.
I don't feel the need to chat to any guy I see just because he does the same job as me but i will always nod and say hello...

It can be very lucrative getting to know fellow windies. As I’ve mentioned on here before, if any new work comes my way, I sell it on to a windie I’ve become friends with. Have the odd game of snooker with him now and then ?

You guys need to watch David Goggins on youtube.

This is why I now get up at 5am and do a 5k before work and have lost all the weight I put on through beer and enjoying myself.

I now am 100% committed building up my business and sod what anyone thinks of me.

If you are pi$$ing people off you are doing something right.

Nobody is standing between me and my goals.

I used to work for someone on this forum on my days off..now I no longer have days off and am bossing it when it comes to work.

I found it just holds me back.

Have a watch of David Goggins and Jocko Willink and tell me I'm wrong lol.

I'm currently getting up at 5.30 am and doing 5k every morning before work and lost a ton of weight And flying through my work each day.

This is why I now get up at 5am and do a 5k before work and have lost all the weight I put on through beer and enjoying myself.

I now am 100% committed building up my business and sod what anyone thinks of me.

I used to work for someone on this forum on my days off..now I no longer have days off and am bossing it when it comes to work.

I'm currently getting up at 5.30 am and doing 5k every morning before work and lost a ton of weight And flying through my work each day.
No days off, What’s the point of life if all you do is work?

I’m overweight and will happily stay that way if that’s the price to pay for living it up.

Congratulations on meeting your goal though ?

No days off, What’s the point of life if all you do is work?

I’m overweight and will happily stay that way if that’s the price to pay for living it up.

Congratulations on meeting your goal though ?
My problem is I like my beer and curry like you mate but I also love my martial arts training so to do the training I also have to keep the weight off.

I wish it wasn't that way but both my hobbies contradict each other.

Plus I love my predator fishing also.

I still have days off if I want to but no quiet days during the week like when I moved here from London and started again.

Quite happy to take a day off for fishing etc 

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed. 
Work Hard- Play hard??

Back