branching out

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by daveyboy, Jan 27, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Over the last few days i have actively sought out fascia and conservatory cleaning jobs
    I have had a lot of interest and have got a few jobs booked in for my quiet window week next week including a full exterior clean on a 4 bed detached
    Am toying with the idea of not expanding my window round much more and organising it so i can do purely these type of jobs 1 week a month
    I know i need a van which is being sorted
    I have wfp
    I have progutter etc for gutters with a view to getting a gutter vac if it takes off
    I have 30m of hose with attachments to use customers water to wash the worst bits off roofs etc
    I do ok as it is cleaning them but am sure you guys would know what is easiest
    Any ideas of other tools you can see me needing would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Every time I get a gutter that is a minger I quote my regular maintenance price as we all know how long it takes to clear out certain size houses and wipe over the PVC and then I add £100 on top of the quote.

Now at this 'minger' stage they can usually see grass and trees growing out the gutters from the ground.

The reason for the £100 extra is then I dont mind if it takes two hours longer to do.

When I am done I get the diary and book them in again for 12 months time and let them know it will be £100 less as it will be an easy maintenance task and wont take so long. 80% book in annually and when I call to confirm 90% have it done.

Treat it like windows and make it a regular thing

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

yes I like that approach Green, thanks for sharing that, i going to use that myself.

4. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

I use my back pack and spray and agitate with 25/ 1 ubik. And I have 6ft of hose with hose locks both ends one on customers outside tap one to hose reel. And I carry the different sizes of threaded male hoselock fittings that fit on out side taps. When I do the underneath where the vents are I spray clean and then I put a scrim over my brush fix with a crocodile clip and walk backwards and wipe will come up nice.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

daveyboy1 a thing I find handy & made it up myself is I bought a 8ltre pump sprayer & made the hose longer so I could fix it to my 5m Harris pole & can reach the guttering & give it a good spray.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have a 7l pump up jobbie Posh
    What hose did you use?
    I have a spare few metres of 5mm id pole hose laying about

7. Posh

Posh Hero

That's all I used. I kept it so the tap is by the pump. Joined on enough hose to reach to a normal house guttering with a joiner. My hose was only 6mm

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I'll give that a go mate

9. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

daveyboy1 this is one way to get gd dosh together to get a guttervac and a vanmount system these jobs pull in great money then u wont know yourself try full conservatory valet inside and out including cleaning the seals in opening windows and lubin the joints and that up you get £££ for ones u can talk into it :D

Advertisement