Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can’t stop pre filter leaking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I guessed they were designed as such, I’ve seen lots just hanging like that during my research. I generally over engineer everything and wasn’t happy with they way it moved.

I just nipped out and put a floplast soil pipe bracket around it and it’s now perfect.
After many years in this industry you'll hone your problem solving and out of the box thinking skills to adpat improve and build kit as you want it.

Glad to of helped

After many years in this industry you'll hone your problem solving and out of the box thinking skills to adpat improve and build kit as you want it.

Glad to of helped
I look forward to it. Complete change for me. I can get 19 stone barrels into pub cellars without thinking about it.

A little update. Manage to finish my plumbing this morning.

over a minute I get 1200ml brine to just under 800ml pure without the booster pump turned on so I’m quite happy I’ve got it balanced.

I'm more happy with the TDS dropping from 125ppm down to 8ppm.

thanks for all your help gents, now to get the float switch and pump & pressure switch wired up.

A little update. Manage to finish my plumbing this morning.

over a minute I get 1200ml brine to just under 800ml pure without the booster pump turned on so I’m quite happy I’ve got it balanced.

I'm more happy with the TDS dropping from 125ppm down to 8ppm.

thanks for all your help gents, now to get the float switch and pump & pressure switch wired up.
That's a rejection rate of 94%. It's time to consider changing membranes. We are fortunate that our water is soft to medium so the cost of the extra resin required to polish that off won't be too much. It would be much worse if we were in a hard water area.

But at 8ppm your resin costs will more than double with your current membranes when compared with new.

That's a rejection rate of 94%. It's time to consider changing membranes. We are fortunate that our water is soft to medium so the cost of the extra resin required to polish that off won't be too much. It would be much worse if we were in a hard water area.

But at 8ppm your resin costs will more than double with your current membranes when compared with new.
I must have a problem then as the membranes are brand new. ? 

im now not sure what to try, I think I’ll have to run it and play with the balance until I get a more favourable result from the membranes.

what should I be aiming for from 125 as a starting point?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have a problem then as the membranes are brand new. ? 

im now not sure what to try, I think I’ll have to run it and play with the balance until I get a more favourable result from the membranes.

what should I be aiming for from 125 as a starting point?
Personally think @spruce is being particularly frugal ? If you got your membrane working to 98% you might save a £1 a week

That’s correct it will as there is a more constant pressure and the membrane will work more efficiently, mine are exactly  the same , Ime sure @spruce will be able to explain it scientifically 
Thanks, I’ll run some more tests this week and see if I can tweak things to get the best efficiency I can.

Thanks spruce. I’m wondering if I’m at the limit of my membranes. They are cheap 3013 from china.
I think you could be right. A few years back there were a few threads on one of the forums regarding these Chinese sourced membranes. Doug from Daqua did mention that in most cases they needed a much higher input water pressure to achieve the rejection rate figures they were quoting in their "clickbait" specs.

He also did mention that the Axeon HF5 was the only truly low pressure membrane series available in larger size membranes. I don't know if they are available in your size membrane.

Axeon do make a 3012 membrane. GAPS water are putting a 3012 membrane into the HF5 category along with other HF5 membranes they sell. They list it as having an applied pressure of 70psi.

As I have mentioned many times, I have an HF5 Axeon membrane in my 4040. When it was new it was producing pure at a 98% rejection rate with 50psi water pressure and no booster pump. Its 8 years old and its rejection rate is now 97%.

I think you could be right. A few years back there were a few threads on one of the forums regarding these Chinese sourced membranes. Doug from Daqua did mention that in most cases they needed a much higher input water pressure to achieve the rejection rate figures they were quoting in their "clickbait" specs.

He also did mention that the Axeon HF5 was the only truly low pressure membrane series available in larger size membranes. I don't know if they are available in your size membrane.

Axeon do make a 3012 membrane. GAPS water are putting a 3012 membrane into the HF5 category along with other HF5 membranes they sell. They list it as having an applied pressure of 70psi.

As I have mentioned many times, I have an HF5 Axeon membrane in my 4040. When it was new it was producing pure at a 98% rejection rate with 50psi water pressure and no booster pump. Its 8 years old and its rejection rate is now 97%.
Thanks for the great info. I’ll have a search for the old post.

When I get my new can in October I think I’ll invest in 4040s at the same time. 

buy cheap buy twice.

Spruce also has a medal and certificate from the Membrane club for the longest serving consumable

?

Latest Posts

Back