Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can’t stop pre filter leaking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks for the great info. I’ll have a search for the old post.

When I get my new can in October I think I’ll invest in 4040s at the same time. 

buy cheap buy twice.
I think it's always better to buy something which is popular and a 4040 size is probably the most used among us window cleaners.

I think it's always better to buy something which is popular and a 4040 size is probably the most used among us window cleaners.
Definitely be investing in one, I’ve built my system as a bit of a learning curve too.

its not a tidy van mounted system for sure it’s just on the wall in the shed for now

? I think @Pjj has one that's older and his works harder than mine.
Mine is a twin ros it’s filmtech  and about 7-8 years old and produces a minimum of 1000 ltr of pure 5 days a week sometimes 2-3000 ltr per day and my TDS is around 80-90 last time I checked it and Ime getting a reading of 002 out the membranes I have a 20 ltr di vessel and change the resin ones a year and usually it’s just starting to read 003 , we do some work  in Bristol  and other parts  of the country ware the TDS IS 380-400+ And still get this lifespan out of it ??? Ime assuming that's quite good  @spruce??? We di have an 800 ltr per hour booster pump and since having that found the resin does last longer and reading out of the ros is lower .

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is a twin ros it’s filmtech  and about 7-8 years old and produces a minimum of 1000 ltr of pure 5 days a week sometimes 2-3000 ltr per day and my TDS is around 80-90 last time I checked it and Ime getting a reading of 002 out the membranes I have a 20 ltr di vessel and change the resin ones a year and usually it’s just starting to read 003 , we do some work  in Bristol  and other parts  of the country ware the TDS IS 380-400+ And still get this lifespan out of it ??? Ime assuming that's quite good  @spruce??? We di have an 800 ltr per hour biistervpuml and since having that found the resin does last longer and reading out of the ros is lower .
Great information in these replies. Thanks all. Gives me loads to look into.

im still toying with van mounted vs a static system in the shed and just using a transfer pump.

Great information in these replies. Thanks all. Gives me loads to look into.

im still toying with van mounted vs a static system in the shed and just using a transfer pump.
You only need a van mount if you intend to travel for work and need to produce pure on the go. With Spotless Water, other pure water suppliers available, opening up the "need" for this is diminishing.

You only need a van mount if you intend to travel for work and need to produce pure on the go. With Spotless Water, other pure water suppliers available, opening up the "need" for this is diminishing.
Excellent. I’ll stick with the stuff in the shed then, I just need a 600l ibc as I can’t get a 1000 through the door ?‍♂️

Excellent. I’ll stick with the stuff in the shed then, I just need a 600l ibc as I can’t get a 1000 through the door ?‍♂️
If you have a 650 litre tank in your van then a 600 litre ibc could cause you a problem every now and again if you completely empty you van's tank.

I have a 1000 litre ibc tank with an external transfer pump and I can't drain all the water from my transfer tank. If I draw too much out the pump starts to stuck air. I then have to prime the pump to get it working again as the pump is in a cupboard (heated) above the height of the IBC tank.

A fellow Windie had your issue. He purchased a 1000 litre Wyedale tank. The tank is oblong rather that square.

If you have a 650 litre tank in your van then a 600 litre ibc could cause you a problem every now and again if you completely empty you van's tank.

I have a 1000 litre ibc tank with an external transfer pump and I can't drain all the water from my transfer tank. If I draw too much out the pump starts to stuck air. I then have to prime the pump to get it working again as the pump is in a cupboard (heated) above the height of the IBC tank.

A fellow Windie had your issue. He purchased a 1000 litre Wyedale tank. The tank is oblong rather that square.
I don’t have a tank for my bigger van, or the van yet. I had thought about more than one 600 ibc, the shed is a good size so could fit plenty in. An oblong tank may well be better.

im trying to not have to do things twice because I’ve not thought of something so I really appreciate your help 

I don’t have a tank for my bigger van, or the van yet. I had thought about more than one 600 ibc, the shed is a good size so could fit plenty in. An oblong tank may well be better.

im trying to not have to do things twice because I’ve not thought of something so I really appreciate your help 
@spruce is right a 1000 ltr one should do you fine if you are going to have a 500-650 tank in the van there will always be a bit of water left over  .

Back