Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can window cleaning really be lucrative with hard work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I haven't wfp'd either but i have been told it is hard on the back and core musclesI still canvass now and then when i feel like dropping some shite customers
The first year of WFP was hard work for me as I had a cheap and therefore heavy pole ......plus I was taking any job put quite a bit of pressure on the shoulders. But got a new pole now and it's like a feather compared to that one. Still do about 30% trad and it can also be tough - like window cleaning yoga. I bend mee elbows & knees in some funny old positions sometimes /emoticons/smile.png

Crikey, that's some return on canvassing, Kev! Don't expect the same rate the next time round. I think it's 2% on average. Did u canvas, then call back or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crikey, that's some return on canvassing, Kev! Don't expect the same rate the next time round. I think it's 2% on average. Did u canvas, then call back or something?

No such thing as an average

Find the right street and jobs a good un

Find the wrong street and you'll get nowt

I never have had 2 consecutive

days the same

The pole I have is old and solid as day I brought it. I went round 23 houses today all in short distance each other tomorrow. Is 24 and Thursday is 11. I'm fit as out am bout all time and pole no bother me. As for canvas in I seen myself go.to cum de sacs and get half to 3 quarter of it then go different area get feck all its all bout the rite area rite time an rite persons

I have now 17O odd customer now
welcome to the club scottie I have a few odd custys myself.:rofl:
So happy, just took the advice off people on here inc yourself and I no on here whom to listen to, some greta tips and advice I needed to know form only window cleaners, the marketing and promotion I have just blitzed it. I can not thnak some of he guys on here enough, its a easy games to try to start and fall away, so many do, its just getting it right and not to think your he next big shot but listen to advice of seasoned pros and put your own effort and hard work in, you can do, I find myself now giving tips to people lol, anyone whom is setting out just go for it, what a great way to work, love it! I remeber coming on here and boarcity and daveyboy and yourself telling me this and that and took it all....I was crapping myself left work and a new start after a bad incident, but its worked, the first thing in years to go right for a change!

Glad to be in the club CNC, do I get a badge ot somthing? /emoticons/smile.png

It's great isn't Scottie, it's a great feeling getting up in the morning and the only thing I worry about is what to have for breakfast I'm supa happy, even though the work is hard I know it'll get better but I kind of feel semi retired.

Luc if the work is hard you're doing it wrong

I have fun doing it and it's a bit of a game

It is tuff work, your on your feet non stop and waving a pole about, its rewarding work, better than sitting on your ass in an office and much better money too, in an office I did not earn just over £150 in a day. I do about 12 house to 14 max a day, i just can not do more than that maybe coz I am fussey and I like to get the whole window real clean and sills vents and frames, I just could not do another 8-10 what guys on here do 20 a day, I am happy on my amount per day and and can get £150 a day average, ok might not be as much as many others here but for me its spot on, better than the average earner and I am not over rushed each day. I do see trad window cleaners a lot and they must be slow round my way as I took 20 mins to do a 3 bed house proper good clean and packed up as he was finishing last window the other week, then you got packing ladders away (pain in the ass) takes time, I think trad is much harder when i tried it its far harder picking ladders off a roof and putting back on to pulling a little back pack out its miles faster, I really dont get how 20 houses a day can be done lol, must earna ******* fourtune if doing that each day 4 grand a month plus /emoticons/smile.png I wish!!! lol.

Luc - so agree, I love it, its best job ever, out in the open, good views, free tea coffee, own boss, no pressure, listen to our fav music or radio all day, LOVE IT!

I'm currently window cleaning on a part time basis due to having a full time job,I have 55 customers in 3 months but want to make it a full time job to support my family
I've been window cleaning off and on over the last forty years, some full time and some part time with a job. Looking back now, working shifts and part time has been, a) the most profitable, and b) the most secure, and if I had my time again that's what I would do. The best time ever was when I was working part time on a twilight shift in engineering with good pay, my wages went straight into the bank, and that covered all household bills etc. This was a time of holidays abroad and money in my pocket. Let me point out here that I did declare and pay my taxes, but I was still well off. It's as good now as I am retired, getting a pension, mortgage paid and still window cleaning part time.

Theres good/hard working plumbers, chippys, accountants etc etc etc.

It dosn't matter what you do some people are successful and some arn't.

Ive been able to earn over £1k a day and some days ill do £150. Some days I do F*ck all!

Crikey, that's some return on canvassing, Kev! Don't expect the same rate the next time round. I think it's 2% on average. Did u canvas, then call back or something?Sorry i haven't replied sooner mate, didn't know you had replied. It was over a few days, just hit a good little area out of town and got lucky, i done other places round about the same time but wasn't as successful. No i didn't call back to any of them i just chapped door and if they weren't in i put a flyer through, counted it up the other day, £620 for 3 to 3 and a half days work between 2 guys at a push so it was worth doing

1k a day!!! Now thats what u want! Where are you window cleaning?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

Back