Cant believe it.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Mar 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Can't believe it my dad just came to me with a list of 27 people ( freinds and family) and 2 shop fronts, said here's a good start for you all wanting me to do there windows ;) (when I start), he's obviously been on the war path doing all he can to get me a decent little start, I'm well chuffed, just gotta price them now and get my finger out. Good old dad lol mr marketing think I'll send him out canvassing as he's now retired.

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

Thats brill, you should give him the value of the first clean as commission. Then tell him you want him out 2 hours each evening :)

3. Paul

Paul Guest

That's not a bad idea, he love stuff like that anyway, talks to anyone and has no shame lol it would keep him ocupied as he is newly retired and boared my personal canvaser :p

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Dad's eh?, what would we do without them?!

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Ur not wrong bb :p

6. mr shine

mr shine Guru

thats a great start he will have your round full in no time when i started a friend use to go out ahead of me as i had a few jobs on as soon as he got a customer he would text and id follow him the good thing about it was i was getting new custies every day and still earning so the growth was fast [hr]
    i meant to mention i built up a small book to show people pics of the before and after of jobs and its is a great tool to have while canvassing especially facia and soffit conservatory etc

7. Masons

Masons Guru

I wouldn't give him a cleans commission, he's your retired father, not a canvasser.
    Buy him something he likes, or something your mum and dad like, to say thanks.
    What he did for you wasn't business, it was out of love for you. so something returned in love he'll much more appreciate.

Bottle of his fave whiskey or something. Has to be personal, not business.

8. Paul

Paul Guest

Yeh he wouldn't take money off me anyway, think Its a good idea to get him a treat, I'll get him a nice new watch, he really wants me
    To do well ive had alot of bad luck over the past 2 years and I think him seeing me and my family happy is worth more than money to him.

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Yeah dude, know exactly what you are saying. My folks gave me a lot of financial help when i started, and even bought my 2nd van due to credit problems. Keep on trying to give them money, but they wont take it, my ma says that when they pop their clogs(!) i've just to make sure my brother gets a bit extra out of the proceeds to make it up!. Even these days, because of my circumstances, i fill my tank up at my parents, so i'm there at the end of my working day and my dad gives me a cuppa and biscuit while i'm filling in my books!.

10. Scadi

Scadi Guest

Advertisement