canvassing

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark, Aug 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark

mark Forum Addict

I live in an area were im sure like yourselves you know fellow windies by name or by there vehicles etc.my point is im going to spend a whole day leafleting 2morrow & then follow it up in a couple of days.the last time I did this I picked up three good priced custies in one road.& loads more work close to me.not many days later I get a call asking me what im doing canvassing this windies work.what was worse it was some one who I considered my mate.he hadn't been for quite a while & I never asked who the previous windy was.him & his brother wanted to know were I was so as to give me a good kicking.it never happened?

Advertisement
  2. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Don't worry about them mate. Just Say the Custy came up to you and asked you to do thEm. Alternatively ask them for their address so you can smash their faces in. :)

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

this windy I knew personally.in fact a friend of the family & all that.tbh im done with tiptoeing about.like they say if someones gonna do it theyl do it.i know some who runs an ice cream van & he tells me its even worse!!

4. TolishAPurd

Tell him to fkoff, simple. These people that call up to whinge are just gutless, ignore them, and if anything, double your efforts.

5. mark

mark Forum Addict

tbh if I hadn't followed up after leafleting they would have stuck with him & his brother.they were fed up & wanted some reliable.he took things for granted obviously.

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Many years ago when I started, I found knocking each door and informing them in starting a round was far more successful than leafleting. I too got some t****r phoning me telling me to keep off his patch. I arranged a time and a place to meet me and the pr**k didn't even turn up. Just take new work, but don't ever, ever under price local competators. Good luck mark

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

being reliable will undermine the so-so competition and you will certainly end up with their work once the word gets round . and it will.

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

My favorites are the ones that phone you up and tell you where they live and they do all the windows there, 'just a warning' when you offer to go round personally so they can give you 'just a warning' they all always back down.

Now I am 6'4 and just under 18st and plenty round here know me so that may work as an advantage I don't know, but the moment you cave in to one, you have to cave in to all.

I am no advocate of violence as many here know (I believe in the right to defend ones self with extreme prejudice) and would never start a fight, I would HONESTLY take a slap or two and then call the boys in blue (that's what my taxes pay for) the largest gang of thugs in the land.

After all getting your competition 3 months for assault simply means that's a shed load more customers that will need a new window cleaner cause they aren't getting cleaned and then there's the rest that need one as they wont have a violent criminal working on their house.

Before you start (Boars, Davey spring to mind :p ) It is not grassing, it is getting value for money from my taxes and using a legally paid for gang to eliminate the competition for me.

(Oooh this one will start a riot, hard hats are optional)

9. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Problem with taking a slap with the intent to call the police is the slap might well contain a blade

Advertisement