Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carbon gutter poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Would be interesting to know how GVS Aluminium compares to SkyVac Elite poles..
Don’t think you can compare them as total different , we have the elite sky vac poles and to be honest they arnt as good as the carbon fibre tubes ones they are much stronger and stiffer with no bend

Last edited:
I have elites and old aluminium poles. Elites are pretty fragile so have to be careful with them and the diameter of the elites is smaller than my old aluminums. If the GVS aluminums are more rigid and have a bigger diameter next time round I might go for them as they last forever.

I have elites and old aluminium poles. Elites are pretty fragile so have to be careful with them and the diameter of the elites is smaller than my old aluminums. If the GVS aluminums are more rigid and have a bigger diameter next time round I might go for them as they last forever.
GVS ones are 51mm and weigh 500gms per 4ft (1.2m) pole most of the carbon poles are 5ft (1.5m). 1 advantage of the 1.2m poles for me is that they fit width ways in my 2019 Partner van, the 1.5m poles wont fit width ways.

As anyone switched from Ali to Carbon poles, was it worth it TIA
@bobski I have never used aluminium poles because I found them a bit cumbersome when I had a look (although they'd probably take a bit more rough handling than carbon would). I don't do many gutter clears, but I think I'd really struggle without the carbon poles to be honest.

You are right but that would be an expensive way of buying poles.
The ali ones being 1.2 are perfect for widthways in my van between my tank and bulkhead - taking up what would be dead space. Getting them in lengthways would be tricky as my 400lts upright tank is full width and I have 3 pole tubes and a step ladder resting on top of the tank so not much room for the gutter pole bag to slide into.

Back