Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chlorine removal?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Fraggle

I'm close to agreeing with my local swimming pool to clean their windows poolside. The sun streams in and the windows look filthy, mainly due to the chlorine from the pool I'm guessing.

Would wfp work well in this situation? Would they need a good clean with soap and water first?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Did these windows for the first time today, wfp, pure water and nothing else and they came up great.

Tempted to buy a pole and brush specifically for this, even the clx 4 foot would be fine I think, any tips for a brush head?

Also... Hopefully the photos work but the brush I used today was very clean, the white bristles all pure white. Now it looks like this. Can only be from the seals can't it? Anything to worry about? Thanks!20221028_183840.jpg

Thanks, I was more concerned I was damaging the seals but thinking about it that's the first they'll ever have been cleaned.

yeah get this brush discoloration all the time, disappears quite fast after a bit more cleaning. Worth explaining to the customer that the staining on the UPVC is caused by the degraded old seals when rain runs over them that aren't UV proof like the newer ones, and even if you improve their appearance with a clean they aren't restorable / won't stay white long.

Did these windows for the first time today, wfp, pure water and nothing else and they came up great.

Tempted to buy a pole and brush specifically for this, even the clx 4 foot would be fine I think, any tips for a brush head?

Also... Hopefully the photos work but the brush I used today was very clean, the white bristles all pure white. Now it looks like this. Can only be from the seals can't it? Anything to worry about? Thanks!View attachment 27481
Yes those clx 4 footers are great. I use mine a lot. Well worth the money.

Latest Posts

Back