Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cleaning and pricing conservatory roofs?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Flat roofs are a pain and i usually squeegee the muck and water off with a pole once scrubbed but i tend to avoid them

Nothing wrong with glass roofs if there is an angle on them as it's just like doing windows and frames then

I think I've done a flat ish one before buT plastic do its not as obvious

This was a nightmare. The panels are split in two by the metal strip across the middle. That metal strip was like a speedup shape so the panel nearest the wall would not rinse down it just pooled up behind the metal. This meant I had to sweep the glass towards me with the brush. But due to being on a ladder it was painfully slow aand after I'd done it all you could still see bits from inside like an unrinsed window. My neck is on fire lol

I think I've done a flat ish one before buT plastic do its not as obvious
This was a nightmare. The panels are split in two by the metal strip across the middle. That metal strip was like a speedup shape so the panel nearest the wall would not rinse down it just pooled up behind the metal. This meant I had to sweep the glass towards me with the brush. But due to being on a ladder it was painfully slow aand after I'd done it all you could still see bits from inside like an unrinsed window. My neck is on fire lol
Fair play to you for telling that on here. We all make mistakes, but not all would have the balls to put it on a forum. Top man :thumbsup:

View attachment 6989

I do this twice a year...its not a conservatory but an open sided roof over a patio...use a 8ft tall step ladder to get above it...takes an hour to clean it twice, once to get the worst off and again with a clean extreme brush to rinse.

It maynot end up as perfect as a window but as you can see even after the first pass its a lot better and realistically the slightest bit of wind and sh it will be falling on the roof as you clean it so perfect is impossible really.

I quoted a flat glass roof over a kitchen extention, with difficult access £250. She said no its £50. Hmmmm no its not. Well that's what the last guy charged. Ok get him back. My husband said I can't he damaged it WALKING ON IT WTF... It cost £1200 to repair. But they went prepared to pay to have it cleaned with out some dancing a jig on there glass roof. Some people.

I quoted a flat glass roof over a kitchen extention, with difficult access £250. She said no its £50. Hmmmm no its not. Well that's what the last guy charged. Ok get him back. My husband said I can't he damaged it WALKING ON IT WTF... It cost £1200 to repair. But they went prepared to pay to have it cleaned with out some dancing a jig on there glass roof. Some people.
Not sure if your laughing at the post or my dodgy spelling and missing words.

Back