Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning velux and glass roofs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Must just need to scrub a bit harder haha ? I been cleaning this place it’s an new build designed to blend into the tree tops - gets peppered by the birds of course - I have access to the balcony on the top and the top floor so can examine my work in detail. Stuff like this makes me wanna have hot water so bad 

View attachment 24333
It might be the camera angle but that looks like it's at a very steep angle. If so you might not be getting the inner bristles on the glass as much and we find them to be the best for scrubbing. 

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-water-through-pad-holder-1-pad.html

Has anyone used this, think it would work well for scrubbing high big panes that don't have much of a frame around them, or velux,  as long as rinse off glass, as they are good for scrubbing compared to a brush, I think
Yes I have one of these and made a diy one years before Gardiner released this one, The Gardiner one is far superior to the one I made as the thin pads they sell have more scrubbing power than the doodlebug pads.

I done a cladding clean with it and also done the windows at the same time worked really well, I mainly bought it as I clean a Manor House with glass balistrade all around the back.  

Pads dont long but but better scrubbing power than the doodlebug pads.

Yes I have one of these and made a diy one years before Gardiner released this one, The Gardiner one is far superior to the one I made as the thin pads they sell have more scrubbing power than the doodlebug pads.

I done a cladding clean with it and also done the windows at the same time worked really well, I mainly bought it as I clean a Manor House with glass balistrade all around the back.  

Pads dont long but but better scrubbing power than the doodlebug pads.
Yeah I have the pad gardiner designed already - brought it a while ago but never used it as I had it in my head was for really tough cladding cleans with fairly flat profiles. Haven’t come across the one that I haven’t been able to do with @Pjj old hot water brush he gave me haha ? ( Brush still going strong btw ). The pad will be used in the windows on the next clean at the tree house - see how we go thanks for the idea s 

35cm Tapertec on all our poles, including a 60' modular pole. It was a Tapertec 35cm on the SLX47 doing those velux's
Gardiner have stop the medium tapertec now they have the DuPont tapertec which is a great brush but not use it at height yet, I’m sure it will splay a fair bit at height. 

you may have to by the 35cm sill versions for working the taller buildings.

Gardiner have stop the medium tapertec now they have the DuPont tapertec which is a great brush but not use it at height yet, I’m sure it will splay a fair bit at height. 

you may have to by the 35cm sill versions for working the taller buildings.
Yeah maybe the DuPont tapertecs have too long a bristle profile for the high pressure of long reach cleaning 

Yeah maybe the DuPont tapertecs have too long a bristle profile for the high pressure of long reach cleaning 
I have both the 35cm DuPont extremes the 35cm DuPont does splay and is a great brush. 

35cm DuPont extreme sill doesn’t splay much and I think they  will be defo better at 4 storey and above, 

Ihave always used the 26cm Extreme sill or the 35cm extreme hybrid for 4 storey work due to it not splaying.

Back