Customer had an increase of 1/2 a kilowatt from cleaning solar panels

Discussion in 'Solar Panel Cleaning' started by Jake, Apr 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jake

Jake Grand Master

As above,

Did another load of panels today, and the before reading was 3.4kw, after clean was 3.9kw,

Result,

Was great to see the increase in power,

As for pricing, well I'm starting to charge more than the £50 which we spoke about in the previous post!

If customers see this kind of power increase then I suppose a price rise is more than justified!

Advertisement
  2. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

Lol! 0.5 KW. Not a laughable increase at all. But maybe the Sun was obscured slightly by a cloud on the first reading and out fully on the second. Or maybe during the hour or so it took to do the panels, the sun hit the panels at a slightly better angle for the second reading. It's not as straightforward as your statement above implies. Nor is it a reason for a price increase.

How much in money do you think your increase of 0.5KW gave the client? Any idea?

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I have a customer who has solar panels on his roof. He is a very clever engineer. He told me that the sun does not have to be shining brightly to get the best out of the panels.

4. It certainly helps! It's about angle as much as anything. When I had them, I moved them about during the day to increase the output.
    I'd put them to face East at night before bed so my batteries were being charged as the sun came up.
    The highest I recorded ( display on charge controller) was when the sun was scorching hot and hitting the panels dead on.

Now I have electric bills..........

5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

solar steve wat a way to bust someones bubble matey :-(

6. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

I wasn't bursting a bubble. I was just explaining what else it may have been.

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

#7 Jake, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

He wasn't bursting my bubble, it took me 10 mins Steve, and the sun was bright the whole time, no clouds,

The customer was amazed! Do you not realise how much of a difference half a kw makes? It's huge for just a simple little clean! They weren't even that dirty!

They said they haven't seen that sort of output since new and when the sun was at its peak, so they were well chuffed!

It's such a fast easy job, but makes a massive difference.

500 extra watts will power a lot of things, TV, laptop, lights, music, all the phone charges etc etc, it's a decent increase, as that is 500watts per hour being produced

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oh well that just goes to show cleaning filthy solar panels adds value in real monitory terms back to the customer.

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Exactly, that's all I was alluding too.

Let's face it, I didn't need a course from Solar Steve to clean them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Half a kW. Let's call it 400w after inefficiencies, heat loss etc. X 4 hrs average sunshine, that's what manufactures seem to use, is 1.6kwh per day.
    40p a unit tarif (kWh) bit generous.

64 pence an average summer day.

Although 1.6kwh will run an efficient fridge freezer for half a day.

Advertisement