Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DA components edge brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ocahan01

Has anyone used the da components edge brush ? If so what are your thoughts and is it worth the higher price than other brands ?
I’ve used streamline and Gardiner brushes up until now and Gardiner is my preferred brush of the two.
I only ever work with two pencil jets so I’d be interested in hearing peoples experiences with the new jet setups in the DA brush.

Has anyone used the da components edge brush ? If so what are your thoughts and is it worth the higher price than other brands ?
I’ve used streamline and Gardiner brushes up until now and Gardiner is my preferred brush of the two.
I only ever work with two pencil jets so I’d be interested in hearing peoples experiences with the new jet setups in the DA brush.
I've got it I will sell you it if you want one. .. says enough.

As much as I hate to say it Gardiner are unbeatable on brushes. Just in terms of weight and jets etc.

Although I do like an clone with Gardiner pencil jets in.

The da brush is not terrible but just down to personal preference I always go back to the gardiner

@Ocahan01 I have 2 of the Edge brushes. They are very good. I have the elite which is similar in style to the Gardiner medium soft brushes (white outer bristles, black inner bristles) which is brilliant. I've been mixing and swapping with the Gardiner brushes I have to compare them and the Edge definitely retains shape better. I also have the flocked one which is called a Heritage (I think). I used that today on some velux windows on a first clean. The worst and filthiest veluxes I've ever seen. They were so green they didn't let any light through. Despite that it did a superb job and looking at the brush after you'd never know I'd just used it let alone on that amount of muck. My only thing is I wasn't overly keen on the socket (the black and blue swivel to fixed one). It's a very clever idea, but I found it too bulky and obviously it's a bit long winded to change brush head that way (undoing the Gooseneck nut, then swapping the whole thing over etc) so I just put Gardiner quick lock sockets on instead. I have got a set of the fan jets fitted to one of them but to be honest I prefer the integrated 'V' jets so have been using them. I'd definitely buy an Edge brush again.

I’ve got the 26cm white one - it’s a little bit soft for my liking but not a bad brush for maintenance cleans, quite like the built in jets

I’ve got the 26cm white one - it’s a little bit soft for my liking but not a bad brush for maintenance cleans, quite like the built in jets
Is it the dupont one (all white bristles) or the medium/soft (white outer bristles and black inner bristles) that you have? I have the medium-soft one and it's very good. The side bristles are a bit firmer a bit like some of the Gardiner brushes have on them. I don't use fully medium brushes so can't really compare. Same as you I do like the jets as well 👍.

Is it the dupont one (all white bristles) or the medium/soft (white outer bristles and black inner bristles) that you have? I have the medium-soft one and it's very good. The side bristles are a bit firmer a bit like some of the Gardiner brushes have on them. I don't use fully medium brushes so can't really compare. Same as you I do like the jets as well 👍.
Yes the white DuPont one -might well try one of those next time I’m brush buying

Yes the white DuPont one -might well try one of those next time I’m brush buying
I haven't really tried Dupont brushes before so I'll have to buy one at some point 👍. I was having another go with my two today and overall I think I prefer the flocked. It's single trim (which I tend to like anyway), so the scrub is good and you don't need any pressure to get splay on the windows.

I am a big Gardiner brush fan, I think they are the best, but I have got a DA Edge brush and it is very good. But it is heavier than the Gardiner brush I use, the v jets aren’t good if you run your pump low. And overall my next brush will be a Gardiner

I am a big Gardiner brush fan, I think they are the best, but I have got a DA Edge brush and it is very good. But it is heavier than the Gardiner brush I use, the v jets aren’t good if you run your pump low. And overall my next brush will be a Gardiner
Fair enough mate 👍. I agree there are a few Gardiner brushes that can't beaten really, especially the lighter ones (the flocked Xtreme sill is still my favourite brush). Have you got the blue and black swivel/fixed adapter on your DA Edge brush? I liked the idea but found it too heavy/bulky, so I swapped it with a Gardiner quick loq socket instead and now the brush is miles lighter.

Fair enough mate 👍. I agree there are a few Gardiner brushes that can't beaten really, especially the lighter ones (the flocked Xtreme sill is still my favourite brush). Have you got the blue and black swivel/fixed adapter on your DA Edge brush? I liked the idea but found it too heavy/bulky, so I swapped it with a Gardiner quick loq socket instead and now the brush is miles lighter.
I have everything on quick loq as well so put a socket on the DA brush, I did think they ought to sell them without all that swivel gubbings on them and reduce the price by £8 for those of us who just want a blank brush head!

I have everything on quick loq as well so put a socket on the DA brush, I did think they ought to sell them without all that swivel gubbings on them and reduce the price by £8 for those of us who just want a blank brush head!
Yes mate I thought that. It had loads of options for sockets, but would be better if it knocked a few quid off and you could just click "no socket needed" option or similar 👍

Latest Posts

Back