Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

EU Vote: In or Out?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Will you vote to stay in or leave the EU?

• In

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Out

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
In the Cotswolds, Shipston on Stour, outside Stratford upon Avon.

We are now losing one of the countries best drag strips, where we have things like the bulldog bash, global gathering etc etc, the countryside around here is being built on on an unprecedented scale, the town I live in has pretty much doubled in size in less than 10 years.

All around here nice small market towns are being turned into housing estates, when you talk to the people a very big percent of them are white flight folks.

But hey, its all worth destroying the country so that we can travel to France nice and easy, right?

I'll be honest, for me and my business its bloody brilliant, the amount of customers I have now that are really wealthy folks who travel to London is incredible, probably half my business is from these estates.

I still hate it though......

Its the same where my parents live (North Wales) building building everywhere.....

If there's a patch of land then bricks are being laid.

As sad as that is, I don't feel much would change if we were out of the EU.

Greed & profit before all else, will continue regardless of of EU membership

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Its the same where my parents live (North Wales) building building everywhere.....If there's a patch of land then bricks are being laid.

As sad as that is, I don't feel much would change if we were out of the EU.

Greed & profit before all else, will continue regardless of of EU membership

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
We have the population of a medium sized city entering the country from the EU every year......

Of coarse leaving would change things........

We have the population of a medium sized city entering the country from the EU every year......
Of coarse leaving would change things........
Why would so many people want to come to Britain? I have no intention of moving to say Holland and starting a window cleaning business or anywhere else for that matter, why would I?

Why would so many people want to come to Britain? I have no intention of moving to say Holland and starting a window cleaning business or anywhere else for that matter, why would I?
land of the free, land of opportunity, land of everything for free and handed to you on a plate.

My friend who is Polish, yes I have Polish friends, great people, but anyway, he has set up his entire family working here, he gets child benefit sent home which keeps his wife and two children in luxury and has bought several houses, shops etc.

Good deal!

We have a very free and friendly country set up mostly on law and order and fairness.

If someone visits a hospital and they can't speak English we put on an interpreter which is great, a nice thing to do, this is right and just and very British, and this works absolutely fine until we have a population that is so high in people who don't speak English it cripples the NHS in interpreter fees.

Just one, small example of how things are going wrong.

My friend who is Polish, yes I have Polish friends, great people, but anyway, he has set up his entire family working here, he gets child benefit sent home which keeps his wife and two children in luxury and has bought several houses, shops etc.
Good deal!
He sends child benefits home? To Poland? But isn't Britain his home now?

FOUR times more densely populated than france, TWO times more densely populated than Germany.

Something has to change, we just cannot carry on, on this track.

He sends child benefits home? To Poland? But isn't Britain his home now?
Most of the money gets sent home, he works in a restaurant, my wife taught him how to cook etc, he works 60+ hours a week and sends nearly all of it home.

This is actually a good example, my wife used to head chef/run three restaurants in Stratford around 12 years ago, they were probably 80% British folks working in them, her current place was 100% British when she got head hunted to go there, all of those are now pretty much 100% foreign, her current restaurant she is the only British person left.

Yep, EU doesn't effect jobs at all, of coarse not. (worth pointing out her friends are all chefs in town and this is the same in every single hotel and restaurant throughout Stratford)

Go on, someone tell me British are lazy and that's why, because yeah all these hotels and restaurants failed before mass immigration.

Oh and before someone cry's racist I bloody love the poles, absolutely great people, hard workers and fought like demons in WW2, but its just not sustainable with the volume of people entering the country.

Funnily enough he agrees with me, in fact all three I am friends with think we are absolutely crazy.

Whether your polish French or other. Everyone who lives in the uk and works Deserve it they to call it home. Times will be tough but as its been said this will change the future and who knows what else will happen ? Maybe in another 20 years we will see England as a sole country again. And the end of great Britain ?

I bet most of the votes to stay in will come from those that have settled over here...

what say you @Solarpanelcleanington ?

Someone earlier said leaving the EU will make them feel more isolated from the rest of the world....... HOW? it will be 100% the opposite, to say that baffles my mind.

Why do you think Australia, Canada and New Zealands prime ministers have been vocal that they hope we leave?

Leaving the EU will free us to be part of the rest of the world.

Someone earlier said leaving the EU will make them feel more isolated from the rest of the world....... HOW? it will be 100% the opposite, to say that baffles my mind.
Why do you think Australia, Canada and New Zealands prime ministers have been vocal that they hope we leave?

Leaving the EU will free us to be part of the rest of the world.
Exactly. I have no problem with immigration, or immigrants. But I do have a problem with mass immigration and the flooding of the labour market of just a select few economically backward countries.

I'm not so sure. From where I sit it seems both sides are fairly mixed. Which does make it interesting. Can't pigeon hole either side.

I can't really see how voting either way will affect me or my family.

Perhaps the common agricultural policy will have an impact? Less subsidies for farmers that want their panels cleaned?

Life is pretty good for us at the moment, so why rock the boat? I'm voting in.

I bet most of the votes to stay in will come from those that have settled over here...
what say you @Solarpanelcleanington ?

I have a problem with the social issues they seem to bring, not all, but a lot. For example, negative attitudes to women, unwillingness to learn English, willingness to aggressively pursue foreign agenda, willingness to claim all sorts of rights and privileges while mocking British values. Poor driving skills and road manners, expectation of service and privileged treatment

Farming industry will have. The chance to sell to whomever they choose and they decide how much

They can't sell to a lot of countries this will change a lot

Back