Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fed Up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Also had 7 new triples to do tomorrow, and never got 5 houses done I needed the pole for today!!! Plus I'm over a week behind with weather.

Blood was bubbling, everything was going great and felt a bit better doing the windows with the pole, done a few trad then got the pole out for a triple that I missed last time cos I was waiting in the pole.. Done back, was on the last window on the side then the pencil jets just disappeared just said to myself what the whistle now!

Mark- I bought the pump box all ready, and he said just connect the wires to the van battery.. Took to auto spark, he connected the red, and earthed the black to the side of the van.. I checked all fuses and connections and all fine.. Do you think I need to connect black to van battery too?

It's not the varistream, the other thats blue on front.. It had been flashing battery n I never got instructions fs, bat was at 12. Something, then kept dropping, last I seen was 11.4?

my red wire is connected to battery and black to the side of battery the same as yours but mine is connected to a leisure battery and also the leisure battery is connected to a split relay so it can never run out .

I'll wade in with my 2 cents as regards this trad vs wfp discussion.

Firstly I was trad for 4 years, been doing wfp 6.

Many many trad people do frame jobs, you can earn a very good wage from them, and in my opinion and in truth, do a better job than wfp.

As regards them catching on tyres etc, they do. But you eventually learn how to get extra hose in places you generally would find very hard etc and you do put up with it.

For big estates I don't recommend wfp unless you're using a trolley. as the hose will become a hazard and not improves times.

I gotta ring the place I got it from tomorrow and see what's up. Mine is also wired up to a leisure battery, it's got the split charge stuck on to it.. All inside the pump box.. With just the red and black coming out.. Can't wait to get a back pack lol

With trad the disadvatage is that you cant do frames and sills very good... most of my customers love it when i clean their sills and frames...... A few of my customers are with me because their other window cleaner was trad and never cleaned sills and frames but i do. lol

On the other side some people hate WFP some people complain it leaves the windows wet... 1 women goes to me it looked like sum 1 squirted water on it !

How do you know you never done trad. My frames and sills are spotless.

i was like lmaoooo

I'm trad but i have a backpack aswell i use the backpack for awkward windows and door cleans etc .

i have found that more than %95 of my customers are prepared to pay extra to have there frames done and I am on some very good prices after initial cleans

for example a new build house 4 bed detached glass and frames £15 a pop 20 min job trad aswell .

I have said it time and time again get them jobs in you will double your rounds worth with only in most cases %25 more time spent on each house .

Ok so rang place I bought my set up, they told me they tested it and it should be fine, it's maybe a bad earth, or auto spark has made a mistake. So went down to the auto spark and he tested everything, and everything was sweet, he then checked the wiring in the box, as he is familiar with them relays from doing them in campers n caravans, and he found that the red from van bat and red from pole bat where is opposite places so I swapped them and it's now working!! Wasn't able to do 6 new £10s I had today and won't get round now for another 2 weeks. Hope I don't lose any as the 6 I got were the only ones in when i canvassed and one girl rang today and said they have had 4 cleaners who hae all messed around as they are 3 storeys and 1 guys dropped ladders on a car and never returned lol.. and there is around 30 or 40 of them and hope to get more if not them all!!

Did get to use my pole today tho to clean PVC

You are having some bad luck mmate get on the phone and give them what for tommorrow you cant carry on like this

Ano pal will be ringing them in the morning, they also assured me I should have no bother getting 8 hours work out of a full charge (20amp) tho I won't ever have it out for 8 hours in one day anyway.. Things can only get better!! I'm going to sit down this weekend and sort everything out, set myself a few goals to attempt before winter. Will also be alot happier when I get a back pack.. Was thinking of a suitcase handle and wheels to strap it too? Telescopic handle would be professional. Pimp my back pack

Back