Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners taking on Univalve?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I suffer with rather painful tennis elbow, so I guess my level of stress is different to yours. 

And you're right, the univalve just needs a small tug. The Gardiners gooseneck valve is even easier to use.
I went to see the doctor about my tennis elbow.

She said “how many years have you had that?”

I said “about 15 love” ?

I suffer with rather painful tennis elbow, so I guess my level of stress is different to yours. 

And you're right, the univalve just needs a small tug. The Gardiners gooseneck valve is even easier to use.
You need to use a lighter pole and brushes if you aren't already I had tennis elbow last year and it took months to clear up and was really bad. 

The on/off action of the old Aquadaptor was far better. The pull was much easier on the arm.

Very true that, However the spring on those could be a nuisance when they snapped. Quite awkward to replace.

I still have 2 Aquadapters in my garage 
We still have an AQ on one of the poles in the van. That spring hasn't been changed for a couple of years. The pole has a flocked brush on it so is just used for leaded windows a couple of times a day. It did seem to me that the quality of the springs fitted and supplied improved over the duration the AQ was manufactured. 

We still have an AQ on one of the poles in the van. That spring hasn't been changed for a couple of years. The pole has a flocked brush on it so is just used for leaded windows a couple of times a day. It did seem to me that the quality of the springs fitted and supplied improved over the duration the AQ was manufactured. 
Apparently peter fogwell wasn’t using stainless springs when the Aquadapter first came out, so you’re probably right 

Apparently peter fogwell wasn’t using stainless springs when the Aquadapter first came out, so you’re probably right 
 Peter Fogwill? Don't you mean Steve Jones? Peter was the Aquatap originator.

Back to AQ. Your right Steve. They were originally galvanised springs and then stainless steel. We replaced quite a number of each over the years. It just seems the last batch of s/s springs were the best.

Sod it, wrong name ?. I had a lot of conversations with peter when I started out and have had equipment off him (fogwash water heater etc), so his name popped into my head ?

Back