Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve +

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This has just been my experience with the Univalve.

I purchased a repair kit on the 22/2/2022, and it cost me £15 + VAT. I just found the invoice.
I fitted it to my son's pole shortly afterwards, and put the old stuff I took out of his pole back into spares stock, as I could find nothing wrong with it. So for him, his Univalve is still working fine after approx 15 months.

The original spring I took out had no evidence of rust on it. I don't know what the replacement kit spring looks like, but it's working fine as I recently used his pole.
My son moans about the brush not being as stiff as the one he had previously, and he moans about the clamps slipping, but he doesn't adjust the clamps. This is why I just ignore him now.

He is using the orange hose that came from Exceed many years ago. I've still got the same orange hose on my 40' pole.

I have Gardiner's PU hose on my SLX27, but I find it a bit stretchy in winter when using hot water with my current Univalve. I swap the PU hose for a length of red Exceed hose when regularly using hot. I've had that red hose for years and have used it since it was first released by Exceed.

Personally, I felt the exchange between Steve and @Skxawng was unnecessary, but I also appreciate that Steve is very protective of his products, perhaps overly so, and doesn't welcome criticism with open arms. Personally, I think it's important for a manufacturer of any product to listen to the end user and make improvement adjustments where possible without becoming emotionally involved and taking negative comments as a personal attack.

I haven't looked at Univalves on his website for a long time, as I have never needed to, so I honestly didn't know he had a Univalve+. This is how far out of touch I am. I still have a spare Univalve in my spares box. So maybe my current supply will outlast me. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Hello Spruce,
just digging thru some old stock of mine here is a few univalves that I have had problems have throw some away ? I snapped the old with rusty spring but just to show the springs Have been thinner and turn rusty compared to the original univalve.
Ordered some springs from China about a year ago to upgrade some of my old U/S univalves If I get time today will install and let you guys known how I get on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 22
Hello Spruce,
just digging thru some old stock of mine here is a few univalves that I have had problems have throw some away ? I snapped the old with rusty spring but just to show the springs Have been thinner and turn rusty compared to the original univalve.
Ordered some springs from China about a year ago to upgrade some of my old U/S univalves If I get time today will install and let you guys known how I get on.
I took mine apart this afternoon as it was sticking and not shutting off without pushing the hose back into the pole. I put a little silicone grease on the large O Ring which I do from time to time and put it together again. Working perfectly. It's the original one of the first batch sold. The spring is perfect. I'm guessing it has lost a little tension over the years, but much to Steve's dismay, it is still working fine. :) Sorry, Steve, but I still have a brand-new Univalve in my parts box.

Of the 3 Univalves we have continuously used, not one of them has had a rusty spring. I put a service kit in the Univalve of son's pole. He didn't know I did it. He immediately said it felt stiffer. But if I greased his Univalve's large O Ring, I feel it would have sorted it out. As I have stated, I've kept his old parts, as I don't think there was anything wrong with them. But he insisted I fit a service kit, maybe because he didn't pay for it - I did.

I took mine apart this afternoon as it was sticking and not shutting off without pushing the hose back into the pole. I put a little silicone grease on the large O Ring which I do from time to time and put it together again. Working perfectly. It's the original one of the first batch sold. The spring is perfect. I'm guessing it has lost a little tension over the years, but much to Steve's dismay, it is still working fine. :) Sorry, Steve, but I still have a brand-new Univalve in my parts box.

Of the 3 Univalves we have continuously used, not one of them has had a rusty spring. I put a service kit in the Univalve of son's pole. He didn't know I did it. He immediately said it felt stiffer. But if I greased his Univalve's large O Ring, I feel it would have sorted it out. As I have stated, I've kept his old parts, as I don't think there was anything wrong with them. But he insisted I fit a service kit, maybe because he didn't pay for it - I did.
Done two today another rusty spring changed to the new spring now works perfect ? the other one was faulty From new pulls on ok but don’t turn off spring isn’t rusty in that one as not been used made no difference onice changed will look into it at a later date.
I used Vaseline as I run out of silicone grease ☺️

Done two today another rusty spring changed to the new spring now works perfect ? the other one was faulty From new pulls on ok but don’t turn off spring isn’t rusty in that one as not been used made no difference onice changed will look into it at a later date.
I used Vaseline as I run out of silicone grease ☺️
The issue with it not turning off could be because of the springs. They need to be able to compress down into a solid length of <7.5mm or you can have trouble with it not fully turning the latching ring. If you count the number of Coils on the new spring you bought compared to the original, you'll find it has more - making it longer when compressed.

The issue with it not turning off could be because of the springs. They need to be able to compress down into a solid length of <7.5mm or you can have trouble with it not fully turning the latching ring. If you count the number of Coils on the new spring you bought compared to the original, you'll find it has more - making it longer when compressed.
Thanks for the info will take That onboard ?tbh it never worked from new had the same problem with original spring did notice the big washer was extremely tight would that effect it? Also after I changed the the other univalve with the newer upgraded spring works a treat.

The univalve I have currently is 2 years old and still going. I'd buy another one when it stops working tbh as there usefull.

The price is ridiculous though. They must cost around 30 pence per unit to actually make, probably less than that tbh.

The univalve I have currently is 2 years old and still going. I'd buy another one when it stops working tbh as there usefull.

The price is ridiculous though. They must cost around 30 pence per unit to actually make, probably less than that tbh.
Worth every penny though mate I only recently started using one. My van isn't soaking wet anymore, plus Im not soaking wet either as I used to get covered in mist spray walking about and then reeling hose back in, always had a soaking wet back.

Another rusty sprung changed today for stainless spring.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpeg
    IMG_0414.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 13
Worth every penny though mate I only recently started using one. My van isn't soaking wet anymore, plus Im not soaking wet either as I used to get covered in mist spray walking about and then reeling hose back in, always had a soaking wet back.
For the love of me I can't understand why anyone would run a wfp business and not fit univalves in every pole. I see it as a no brainer and for folk moaning about price (£35 a pop but I buy 3 at £85) is the cost of a few cleans. Think I have bought 9 univalves now and just bought 3 repair kits but none have broken yet. Think about the amount of pure it saves you. Anyhow this game is all about efficiency and that's why you need to fit a univalve as soon as possible. Fit a hoseless system at the same time and you will never look back. You want your system to be as efficient as possible and then and only then watch the money flow in. ???

For the love of me I can't understand why anyone would run a wfp business and not fit univalves in every pole. I see it as a no brainer and for folk moaning about price (£35 a pop but I buy 3 at £85) is the cost of a few cleans. Think I have bought 9 univalves now and just bought 3 repair kits but none have broken yet. Think about the amount of pure it saves you. Anyhow this game is all about efficiency and that's why you need to fit a univalve as soon as possible. Fit a hoseless system at the same time and you will never look back. You want your system to be as efficient as possible and then and only then watch the money flow in. ???
You seen this @Pjj? ?

You can but 5 replacement kits for £25 so a fiver to maintain your Univalve for another few years. I'm stocking up in case they come into fashion. ?

I’ve never tried a uni valve does it really save Water my thinking is surely it would need a pressure release valve so the water returns to the tank because as soon as you release the valve it would built-up pressure of the water and you would get a higher pressure for awhile so surely the same amount of water would have been used if you don’t have a pressure release valve like I say I’ve never tried one what are your views on this?

Im not that bothered about saving water, I have a big tank. The uni valve reduces how wet I get walking about from window to window and the back off my van is now a lot dryer thanks to it. Plus if you use a tap then you don't have to bend over to turn a tap on off... I wish I had bought one years ago.

I’ve never tried a uni valve does it really save Water my thinking is surely it would need a pressure release valve so the water returns to the tank because as soon as you release the valve it would built-up pressure of the water and you would get a higher pressure for awhile so surely the same amount of water would have been used if you don’t have a pressure release valve like I say I’ve never tried one what are your views on this?
If you have a digital flow controller then it senses the extra current the motor pulls when the univalve is closed and shuts off the pump. If you have a basic controller then the pump should have a pressure switch in that will shut off the pump but, as you say, it will then have a bit of extra pressure when you open the univalve.

Back