Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve +

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Im not that bothered about saving water, I have a big tank. The uni valve reduces how wet I get walking about from window to window and the back off my van is now a lot dryer thanks to it. Plus if you use a tap then you don't have to bend over to turn a tap on off... I wish I had bought one years ago.
Squeeze the hose and push it up the end of the pole ??

I’ve never tried a uni valve does it really save Water my thinking is surely it would need a pressure release valve so the water returns to the tank because as soon as you release the valve it would built-up pressure of the water and you would get a higher pressure for awhile so surely the same amount of water would have been used if you don’t have a pressure release valve like I say I’ve never tried one what are your views on this?
If you're doing 2 floor residential work then nipping hose , etc will save as much water. We do a lot of 2nd / 3rd floor work and for us it saves water

Last edited:
Squeeze the hose and push it up the end of the pole ??
Exactly, well almost I don't bother with pushing the hose up the pole I can nip the hose then place it under the end of the pole whilst leaving the pole extended if a customer comes out to pay also I'd have thought it takes less effort nipping the pole hose between windows then yanking on a Univalve twice,

I used to get issues with pole hose splitting after a few months but since Gardiners released their newest hose which is more flexible I have had no issues but time will tell as we go into the cooler months.

It's impossible to dive into a barrel and it's not every day as the water isn't cold enough until October or November
I was reading about a woman doing that open water swimming. The moment she went in she had a heart attack and died, they say it was the body shock. With us being 37 odd degrees and putting it in something near 5 degrees is not good for our health. When on the rigs they were saying if we fall into the North Sea in summer we will still die of hypothermia because the temp only rises by 2 degrees and that's why we wear survival suits to hold our body temperature for around 4 hours.
An immersion suit is designed to buy you time. Constructed like a surfer's wetsuit, it keeps you warm for up to three to six hours, until help (hopefully) arrives. Smart sailors and fishermen carry them and, when on a boat, so should you: Even a plunge into 50-degree water will induce hypothermia within 60 minutes.

If it makes you happy and no health issues then good luck.

I was reading about a woman doing that open water swimming. The moment she went in she had a heart attack and died, they say it was the body shock. With us being 37 odd degrees and putting it in something near 5 degrees is not good for our health.
I assume she hadn't conditioned herself too many people think they can jump straight into cold water and be fine when you simply can't,

Also you're completely wrong on cold water not being good for our health it's clinical proven to have positive health benefits, anyone who does cold water submersion knows this hence why I've been doing it for over 4 years without issue

Top level athletes sit in baths of ice to help there body recover quicker after they have played a game. They also sit in a machine that can take temps from -100 to -150 degrees.

I assume she hadn't conditioned herself too many people think they can jump straight into cold water and be fine when you simply can't,

Also you're completely wrong on cold water not being good for our health it's clinical proven to have positive health benefits, anyone who does cold water submersion knows this hence why I've been doing it for over 4 years without issue
It wasn't good for her. I think again its what suits the person. Of course one will feel better after freezing in cold water because the body needs to react and try and heat the body up by increasing blood flow.
Cold water strains your body — it goes into “survival mode,” working hard to maintain its core temperature. This stimulates your body to increase blood flow circulation. “Increasing circulation redistributes blood and delivers freshly oxygenated blood to areas of the body that need to recover,” Dr. Hame says.

If it makes you feel better then keep doing it. Horses for courses again.

survival mode,” working hard to maintain its core temperature. This stimulates your body to increase blood flow circulation. “Increasing circulation redistributes blood and delivers freshly oxygenated blood to areas of the body that need to recover,” Dr. Hame says.
So ? all over cold water then copy and paste off the web ?

I'm not trying to wind you up, I'm just reading about it and trying to educate you. Some folk live in bitterness and no amount of help can get them to see the other side. If it works for you then happy days. ?
How can you educate me about cold water dipping? As I said previously I've been doing it years so I'm fully aware of the pros and cons

As for the bitterness ?

Back