George and palm e2 setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Aug 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

So after several years I decided that I wanted to make my life a little easier.
    I have george which I love. I print out my weeks work and work out a days work and crack on then when I get home its (paper work) time.

But I decided I wanted to do it quicker so I went onto ebay and bought a tungsten E2 for £20.

I downloaded the palm software an installed it and then read the bad news... palm does not work on a 64 bit windows pc... bugger... but being a ex engineer I didnt give up. So after some googleing I found a workaround. Bluetooth ..
    But I didnt have a bluetooth laptop. Its toutchscreen but not bluetooth.. so ebay again for a bluetooth dongle.

I got it delivered on Wednesday so plugged it in and set it up. Next I installed palm, and george palm
    I also had to follow the palm setup and create a virtual port on my bluetooth.

Then I synced and george was on my palm. Cool. So I worked all thursday with george but as a backup I used paperwork. Got home and synced. Dam it didnt work. Then I saw a link on my desktop saying palm config..
    You have to tick update and choose your days.. NOW it works.

All my data syncs and I also have my debt list which I can update on the fly

Hope this helps others. And now I have a extra half hour at the end of the day.

Advertisement
  2. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

3. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I could not get the 64 bit drivers to work so just went the bluetooth route.

4. seye

seye Forum Addict

I use palm on the tungsten t, it saves allot of time updating work, never come across a problem runs on palm 5.0. But info good to know if a problem arises when changing to another palm.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

5. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

At the end of the days work, I just use George in diary view which compares exactly to what I have on the job sheet and I just go down the list clicking done, done, skip, done etc, the software makes it so simple and is one of the best 50 quids I've spent.

Mart.

Advertisement