Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

George window cleaning assistant

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

George window cleaning assistant stop trading.

anyone-have the download file for George as I want to update my current computer but I have never downloaded The file to install on another pc.
if anyone as downed file they could send me would really appreciate it.

I've been using the demo version of George and would like to buy the license but when I click to purchase it says unavailable to buy
I did read Paul the developer isn't well?
I've tried the email but with no luck, does anyone have any contact with him?

I've been using the demo version of George and would like to buy the license but when I click to purchase it says unavailable to buy
I did read Paul the developer isn't well?
I've tried the email but with no luck, does anyone have any contact with him?
Think that’s the end of George but could be wrong?

George window cleaning assistant stop trading.

anyone-have the download file for George as I want to update my current computer but I have never downloaded The file to install on another pc.
if anyone as downed file they could send me would really appreciate it.
Hi Den, I'm having problems with my George system.. do you have any contact details that could help me please. I've tried all the emails but no response. Thanks

Hi Den, I'm having problems with my George system.. do you have any contact details that could help me please. I've tried all the emails but no response. Thanks

The file was on the other forum clean it up, just checked and they seemed to have disappeared? **** I did back them up but can’t find my usb stick with the files onboard as weirdly I check the other day, hopefully @spruce maybe able to help?as I think he backed them up I will have another hunt for the tomorrow as I need the files myself.

George merged with Aworka so most likely the email addresses are now no longer live

George merged with Aworka so most likely the email addresses are now no longer live
If that’s the case that’s a really bad business move. Keep the old email live for years. It costs next to nothing and I’m willing to bet most of their customers have no idea about the merge. Then simply reply to the email and also tell the customer they have merged. Or setup an auto reply that says so and gives out the new email.

I thought that as well. Paul advised that it wasn't so. He has discontinued sales and support of George due to bad health. He had a long spell in hospital a while back.

@Dan1983
I have sent you a pm. The forum won't accept uploading .exe files. If you pm your email address I will send you a copy.

To use George you have to have a licence key which is no longer available. But if you have been using George with a licence key, you can restore your data which carries the key you purchased across.

Can I also make the suggestion here that users of George start to research and ultimately port to a new software, sooner the better.

‘No need too. It still works perfectly for me and I don’t need any new features and….’ Sooner or later it will break. That’s how software works. Updates to the OS of your device, even small ones like bug fixes, change how stuff works under the hood. Using an unsupported software is asking for trouble. So save yourself the hassle & start making plans now.

Can I also make the suggestion here that users of George start to research and ultimately port to a new software, sooner the better.

‘No need too. It still works perfectly for me and I don’t need any new features and….’ Sooner or later it will break. That’s how software works. Updates to the OS of your device, even small ones like bug fixes, change how stuff works under the hood. Using an unsupported software is asking for trouble. So save yourself the hassle & start making plans now.
The chances are that my hardware will fail before George software does. ?

The chances are that my hardware will fail before George software does. ?
Mate as much as I love the optimism please at least create for yourself a spreadsheet backup of your round. For we know there is an undiscovered bug currently sitting in George that will be triggered by a random date. Software breaks all the time. Normally it’s not a big deal but when (not if) George does break, no one will be fixing it. So please, get all your important information off of it. Keep using it if you like it, but do have a backup!

Mate as much as I love the optimism please at least create for yourself a spreadsheet backup of your round. For we know there is an undiscovered bug currently sitting in George that will be triggered by a random date. Software breaks all the time. Normally it’s not a big deal but when (not if) George does break, no one will be fixing it. So please, get all your important information off of it. Keep using it if you like it, but do have a backup!
Quoting myself here to say I realised I am a bit of a hypocrite. I checked and it has been over a year since I last downloaded a CSV backup from Squeegee. That is now rectified. It took me 5 minutes, most of which was sorting it into the correct folder (the download took a split second).

Please, everyone, no matter which software you use, do the same!

Quoting myself here to say I realised I am a bit of a hypocrite. I checked and it has been over a year since I last downloaded a CSV backup from Squeegee. That is now rectified. It took me 5 minutes, most of which was sorting it into the correct folder (the download took a split second).

Please, everyone, no matter which software you use, do the same!
I back mine up to the cloud, I thought Squeegee did daily backups' so all of yours should be safe

Back