Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting the hang of it (I think)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You have done a good job there but if that was a house it would have been a lot more difficult when they have liken on them always allow more time and price very high
Before visiting the property I had a quick look at the panels on Google earth and from the images on there I thought they was going to be 10 times worse. I know nothing beats being at the property and looking but I was convinced they was going to be shockingly dirty ?
I had a price in mind but when I saw them on the day I realised they wasn’t as bad as I first thought. So I lowered the price today to £10 a panel which the customer seemed very happy with.
Like you say easier work on a bungalow I can imagine I would have struggled with anything higher. My SLX 22 was at its limits on these but luckily it just,,just reached!

I definitely learnt google earth isn’t the best tool for gauging how dirty something is ?

@Part Timer i guess it’s like most jobs in the end some days better than others, but it’s definitely nice running on my own steam working for myself.. I guess a day or two with another window cleaner might if helped at the start but my winging skills seem to be working out alright at the moment ?

You aught to keep a record of this type of work and suggest they have them cleaned again in a year obviously they won’t be as bad and you can then charge a bit less but it becomes a regular job we now have customers like this for gutter vaccing, softwashing , gfs cleans etc and have a large amount of regular add on jobs that lay very well , always use if you are still building your round , put it in your diary for this time next year

You aught to keep a record of this type of work and suggest they have them cleaned again in a year obviously they won’t be as bad and you can then charge a bit less but it becomes a regular job we now have customers like this for gutter vaccing, softwashing , gfs cleans etc and have a large amount of regular add on jobs that lay very well , always use if you are still building your round , put it in your diary for this time next year
Im back there on the 6th of January to clear their gutters I’ll suggest cleaning the panels again in future, and explain it will work out better on price because they won’t be as dirty, good idea !

Back