Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Eccotemp L5 Water Heater

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Just used my new eccotemp L5 water heater for the first time today /emoticons/smile.png Oooohh it's so nice having hot water, I seem to spend ages cleaning frames but not today with hot water the muck seemed to come off so quick. I fitted it to my back door and the only problem was it was a bit windy today and it would get blown out now and again /emoticons/sad.png other than that I love it love it love it love it love it....

Hot is great, dunno what model i have as it came fitted in van i bought, its from Poisodon Products,( now bust i believe) only thing i dont like about the L5 is that you cant fit a flue, for that reason i wont be fitting one, also back door fitting aint an option up here as its so flipping windy aw the time in winter , ive got a reach 2clean one in garage as a spare in case one in van packs up, the one in van is 2 years old and working fine still :D

View attachment 1086

Hot is great, dunno what model i have as it came fitted in van i bought, its from Poisodon Products,( now bust i believe) only thing i dont like about the L5 is that you cant fit a flue, for that reason i wont be fitting one, also back door fitting aint an option up here as its so flipping windy aw the time in winter , ive got a reach 2clean one in garage as a spare in case one in van packs up, the one in van is 2 years old and working fine still /emoticons/biggrin.png
im pretty sure this is the same heater that you have. what are they like, do they have a 20 minutes cut off timer?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cointra-Advance-CMB-5b-waterheater-propane/dp/B0050VL07G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359582716&sr=8-3

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got a flue on my l5! Lol made my own to fit it and gets most of the fumes out the van! Not had a problem with the fumes.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Forget a 20min cut out is a good thing to have! It stops the boiler overheating in the van, to rest them all you need to do is stop water flow till boiler shuts off then start it up again!
ive got one without a 20 minute timer, its never overheated, they are not necessary. i Have 2 pumps running from one, and regualrly run it for over 20 mins. i want the find a heater that does not have one incase i need to replace mine in the future.

For safety wise they are and to protect the heater from damage! The people that are replacing the boilers due to them breaking are the ones without this timer!

For safety wise they are and to protect the heater from damage! The people that are replacing the boilers due to them breaking are the ones without this timer!
the heaters that are being replaced are the cheap chinese one that have the timer, the fogwash does not have a timer, i have never heard of those breaking down, the l5 that corwoods sell does not have a timer, i have never heard of those breaking down, and my marey heater from america does not have one, it comes with a 3 year warranty, so they must be pretty reliable.

so the only unreliable heater is on that has a timer, so they obviously dont really accomplish much.

As far as i can tell i do not have a 20 minute timer, that one does look like mine, thanks for the link , RC i seen your flue in your vid, looks ok mate

the heaters that are being replaced are the cheap chinese one that have the timer, the fogwash does not have a timer, i have never heard of those breaking down, the l5 that corwoods sell does not have a timer, i have never heard of those breaking down, and my marey heater from america does not have one, it comes with a 3 year warranty, so they must be pretty reliable.
so the only unreliable heater is on that has a timer, so they obviously dont really accomplish much.
the ones corwoods sell are L5 without a timer, so you cant say if the L5's that are breaking are with or without times!

fogwash heaters arent being sold anymore, pete not gettin them in!

I know the corwood ones do not have a timer, but you do not hear of the l5 breaking down, regardless or weather it has a timer or not, so that would suggest a timer is not necessary. I also know that peter is not selling the forwash anymore, but there are no reported breakdowns of that either, so again timer is not necessary!!!

i had heard that peter stopped selling the fogwash due to lack of room and the amount need to be ordered to bring to england

I dont like L5's as they are **** to be honest :rolleyes:
Guess you Not used it right then. My L5 works like a dream, no problems with it always works easy to fit

i spent about a month researching all the diffrent types of portable gas heaters on the market before i brought one and the L5 came out top

I dont like L5's as they are **** to be honest :rolleyes:
For £200 all in bottle fittings etc its very good, however it does have faults like you need to keep the door open and if it's windy it will blow out.
What would you recommend Smurf?

For £200 all in bottle fittings etc its very good, however it does have faults like you need to keep the door open and if it's windy it will blow out.
What would you recommend Smurf?
unless you fit it like mine, i can have doors pushed to, not closed and still works and dont fill van up with fumes

if money is no object then a big vented one out the van is better,

Back