Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got quite a big house, four sides of house's guttering, how much?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had had enough anyway with that job

Poxy little dog in the garden refused to go in so was running round barking at me and every time i turned round to look it was sneaking up behind me

Was ready to toe punt it up the garden with my toecaps if it got too close

If i quoted for the roof last june why is she only questioning me now

Window frames too? No gutter clear? Maybe £100 the lot upvc and windows, £150 with clear if youve got a vac

i already do the windies 20 all round the house no clean them out done that in october so just a clean i was thinkin 100 as it take me bout 2 an half hours doin it on me jack

I would chance it at 50 squid a side myself for cleaning all plastics guttering, fascias & soffits but thats just me. Time wise would take me around 3-4 hours to do properly including cleaning the frames and glass for free. That's using wfp method and by ladders if need be.

If you go in at say 140 squid then you may have a better chance but still is a lot of work to do it properly. Especially if the plastics are badly stained and you need to use ladders and do it by hand. Also the left aspect looks a bit narrow to be putting ladders up to me.

Some would try to clean it quicker and charge a lot less but I like to do the best job I can.

What price did you have in mind?

£100 and using wfp i already do the windows but if he says yes il wait to the nxt time windies r due

plus the insides of the gutters are clean /emoticons/smile.png

i haven been up a ladder to do upvc cleaning and not going to be either lol

If you are happy with the price and the customer is happy with it too that's all what matters :thumbsup:

I wouldn't like to go up a ladder and do it either, I'd give the money back to be honest, or say half the cash if the results aren't 100% with the pole.

No matter what method you use you will never get it looking 100%. More so using just wfp method as you will be surprised on some jobs how ineffective it is especially on old plastics compared to doing it by hand.

Therefore I would never say that to a customer either or you will never earn any money @Jimroot.

What I do say is "I will do the best I can and it will look a lot cleaner than it is now"

Regarding using ladders that's an easy one to get to the roofline by ladders if you've got the right kit. If you don't use the right kit you will struggle and would be quite risky to do.

I'm s&@£ with ladders as you know :-/ I just can't get to grips, mainly with the stand off making it too heavy (for my liking) and clattering off house pieces. How I haven't dropped them into something yet is a mystery I'm grateful for.

Anyways, yes I wouldn't use language like 100% you're spot on there!

Better than it is now is a good one. I nearly talked myself into cleaning the inside of the gutter once, and had to talk myself out of it again. Must practice the art of shutting up for my own benefit :)

I try to avoid using ladders a much as I can but in this job it's just another tool I have to sometimes use. No decent triple ladder setup is going to be light so maybe you will have to go to the gym or something or take someone with you to give you a hand.

Thing is, I'm not exactly known for my weakness... A decade in fitness and martial arts etc. I used to swing 20kg kettle bells and I've done pull-ups, handstand push-ups for those years. I assumed it would translate into ladder use.

Something about the setup mystifies me, I'm not working effectively with the lever weighting, guess more practice

I cleaned the exterior of this property last year and tomorrow will be checking & clearing all the guttering & downspouts, cleaning all the plastics, cleaning the conservatory roof & sides, then clean the patio area, paving to the front door and also the driveway. Which will take the best part of 2 days to do. Then come back another day to resand the block paved drive.

So I should be well and truly fooked buy then...:rolleyes:

Like a plonker I have booked work in the following day too. Oh deep joy :D

Here are some pic if interested

View attachment 3892

View attachment 3893

View attachment 3894

View attachment 3895

View attachment 3896

View attachment 3897

View attachment 3898

View attachment 3899

View attachment 3900

View attachment 3901

I do that one every year like many others I do so you can see why now I don't just do window cleaning as I can earn more in 2 days than some can earn doing a full week on the glass. /emoticons/smile.png

Mind you being old I'm fooked after doing jobs like that so need time off to recover. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Oh and I forgot to mention they already have a regular window cleaner like most job I get... go figure :rolleyes:

I also like to add If you can't make good money on jobs like that then you are defo in the wrong game.

I bet you're down playing that and you've the strength of Hercules, you just enjoy mugs of tea and Jeremy Kyle too ;-)

I love my rest too, not that I get much.

Is that how you work it smurf, top down, gutter clear to patio with plastics and window in the middle? Does that house have a monthly windy?

I always work from the top down @Jimroot

Idealy I like to do just 2-3 days hard graft on the tools prefereably in a month not each week now but don't always work out that way.

Latest Posts

Back