Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippatank floor rollers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I haven't fitted those rollers, but some other Grippa rollers to my 64 plate combo the issue you will have is the random raised pattern on the floor which won't allow the roller plate won't sit flat what my neighbour had to do was use a big G clamp and two pieces of wood and flatten a raised area if you look closely were there is some silver paint that is the area that we flattened. 

If you want the rollers completely central then the spare wheel underneath will have to come off otherwise you will have to set them to the left or right of the spare wheel, if you are going for a bigger tank as in the other post you commented in then you are going to have to consider where your reel is to be fitted whether manual or electric. 

View attachment 21476
Ware the floor is like that just put washers under the low area and tighten the bolts that’s what I have done with my vans , works fine 

Ah thanks that helps, have you got a picture of the setup looking in through the back doors so I can see angle on the reel into roller? 

Have you found it passed through ok?
I have a PowerUp electric reel and it passes through just fine with no issues, the pic below is an old one with different rollers fitted at that time, if you decided to fit a electric reel to the floor again it won't sit flat because of the floor pattern so we had to use a kitchen cupboard door and my neighbour fabricated and fitted the plastic feet. 

20190815_171638.jpg

I have a PowerUp electric reel and it passes through just fine with no issues, the pic below is an old one with different rollers fitted at that time, if you decided to fit a electric reel to the floor again it won't sit flat because of the floor pattern so we had to use a kitchen cupboard door and my neighbour fabricated and fitted the plastic feet. 

View attachment 21478
Have you got a similar roller attached just below the bumper as well (at 90°) or does the one you've got have rods to a second roller like the ones @Pjj pictured? 

Have you got a similar roller attached just below the bumper as well (at 90°) or does the one you've got have rods to a second roller like the ones @Pjj pictured? 
Another set of rollers attached which are loacted just above the bumper, it was just my preference but the ones with the rods will be much easier to fit rather than messing on with 2 separate sets of rollers which was two man job 

Hi guys

What is the width and depth of the grippatank rollers, as in the footprint dimensions?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are 150x100 Aprox , as for length I wasn’t sure so bought a longer length than I needed and then cut it down , you only want it slightly lower than the bumper or it will hit low kerbs or speed humps . 

4BBD701E-A2A8-4AD6-A56E-117F1F86EBDF.jpeg

8D672F5A-D7BB-48FA-9881-7107AA188285.jpeg

I might start making up these kits and selling them. 

Made and fitted a few for friends but used better quality marine grade 440 bearings in them. And often thought about machining Delrin rollers 

I’m a believer of paying people to do what their experts at. Oliver at grippa fitted two sets of rollers in my van 3 years ago and they are solid ??‍?

Back