Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Jobs!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep I'd say most of the ones I do the client says they don't like heights, fair play to them. But that's why they should appreciate the prices we charge ay smurf!! I done one the other week and there was slugs and all sorts in the gutter, most disgusting one I've ever done!!

Indeed and yes I get ones like that quite often too. If anybody thinks gutter clearing is easy on the type of jobs I do would say they off their rocker :Image13:

Moved to the gutter section of the forum!

Dont know how this has escaped from me should of moved it while it was on page 1!

Indeed and yes I get ones like that quite often too. If anybody thinks gutter clearing is easy on the type of jobs I do would say they off their rocker :Image13:
Remember doing one a few years back, where the customer had a blocked downpipe. Had been like that for at least 3 years (how long they'd lived there)!. 4 metre downpipe, blocked at a water butt outlet - gave the pipe a few taps to see where the water level was, next thing i knew I was covered in stagnant water. The blockage was obviously ready to go, and I had just helped it along.
It, and I, stank!

Had a good one today as chap was concerned that the guttering was blocked as he had damp in the house. Guttering & downspout was clear so asked to see where it was so he took me into the front room and pointed it out. I said best you get someone in as that looks like rising damp to me. Bless him :Image16:

I wised up a long time ago to never be under or near a blockage for that same reason

Remember doing one a few years back, where the customer had a blocked downpipe. Had been like that for at least 3 years (how long they'd lived there)!. 4 metre downpipe, blocked at a water butt outlet - gave the pipe a few taps to see where the water level was, next thing i knew I was covered in stagnant water. The blockage was obviously ready to go, and I had just helped it along.

It, and I, stank!

Try taking an end cap off when a gutter run is full of manky water & downspout is blocked and see how far it goes :Image13:

That's one of the quickest way to clear it for sure :Image3:

Try taking an end cap off when a gutter run is full of manky water & downspout is blocked and see how far it goes :Image13:

That's one of the quickest way to clear it for sure :Image3:
Thats what I did today.

The gutter was full of like a fine dusty soil like stuff.

It was nightmare go get out so poped the end of the gutter off and brushed it all out the end.

Dont think next door would aprove but they was out and give there drive s sweep afterwards.

All good in the end.

Nice one :Image13:

Maybe next time put bag over the end and/or spread a tarp on the floor with a bucket roughly in the right place to cut down the mess you make. :Image9:

I have something simular thrown in my back garden which is total rubbish only difference it has no wheels.

The microlight standoff is the only class one rated standoff I know of and is designed to be used on roof tiles etc and with special D wheels not normal round wheels like the wcw ones. Also the mirolite design of the frame is built in a way it's much stronger than just having one cross member like the wcw one.

So my answer would stay clear and get a microlite standoff instead. Simples....
thanks m8 it dident took as good thats y i asked ill try find on on e.bay second hand i could of done with a microlite standoff today i should of snaped one of them up last month some 1 posted a link where a compney were selling loads think it was u that found them cant rember now

I wised up a long time ago to never be under or near a blockage for that same reason
I'd already poked stuck a hose in the pipe coming off the downpipe, and shoved a stick in it without any sign of the ensuing flood, so thought I was safe.
Never knew what caused the block. Obviously whatever it was jammed just above the outlet, and my jabbing & tapping loosened it, shooting it down into the drain & all the pond water over me.

Defo not a nice experience but still funny though.Did the customer laugh? I know I would have :Image13:

There is one listed on fleebay now as new only used once so worth bidding on methinks :Image9:

thanks m8 it dident took as good thats y i asked ill try find on on e.bay second hand i could of done with a microlite standoff today i should of snaped one of them up last month some 1 posted a link where a compney were selling loads think it was u that found them cant rember now

Its easy to charge too little when you are only started gutter cleaning.

Did one yesterday when I had finished clean/unblock knew I had charged too little as job took longer than I thought. :Image6:

Customer gave a tip :Image13: so not too bad lesson learnt on my behalf dont sell yourself short when quoting price for these bad boys

Latest Posts

Back