Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What size pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ide say get a 47ft pole that will then cover any high work u may pick up as well but ide say 35ft/40 ft would reach that

I'm 5 10 and my pole is a Gardiner slx 27

Probably need an extension 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not just better to say , sorry I can't reach those windows than fork out £500 for another pole
thats one thing i had to think about a long time ago do i fork out for one or to jobs or turn away ! well i forked out and more high work came in so its defo worth having to poles a short 25 or less for standerd houses and a big 47ft + for big stuff 

I hear ye Tench, but where does it all end,, you got to draw a line somewhere or the spending on new toys is endless! But if you are going to target work above 3 storie then fair play. 

I got a massive pole but I put wd40 on it thinking it would losen it up but now quite a few sections are jammed on it.. Think it was 60ft..

A 32ft pole might just get it, But if you are set on getting them done then you will have to buy 2 slx extensions to be 100% certain you are able to get them taking your 27ft slx to a 37ft pole. 

A 32ft pole might just get it, But if you are set on getting them done then you will have to buy 2 slx extensions to be 100% certain you are able to get them taking your 27ft slx to a 37ft pole. 
Yeah i think I need the two extensions. Will get them once I get a few more jobs in. Cheers for advice guys

The windows are about 25' high, with the angle 35' max. I'm 6'5" with reach approximately 8'. Im fairly certain I'd reach them with my 27'. Easiest way would be to put your biggest pole up and see if it would reach. 

I have a house like that and I reach with a Slx22 and a couple of extensions make mine a total of slx30 just about.

Back