HMMM MMMMM! !!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Reach For The Glass, Sep 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Hey guys

As most know I don't window clean yet. But just sitting in hospital car park and a van pulls up and whips his hose and carbon pole out.

He switched the water on and cleaned 12 ground floor windows 3ft x 4ft and a set of doors in about 90 seconds. Yes seconds!!!

He gave them a tiny squirt with water and a quick up and down with the brush whilst rinsing it at the same time as brushing.

In his van and taken off.

I'm watching the windows as I type. They are drying completely spotted like someone had a sprinkler on them a few days ago. It's very sunny on the windows but this should not cause an issue right?

Just wondering why they are so spotty? As I require some tips for when I start just curious what's wrong here?

By the way just glass didn't touch 1 grey aluminum frame except accidently with the brush sides.

Cheers guys

Ps looks f*****g awful.

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

in the trade known as a cowboy
    yee haa and off into the sunset he rides :clap:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. johnny bravo

if they dont pull him up regarding the after clean viewing they wont know if they are clear or they have dirt spots on them, he is probably waiting for this to happen, then he will probably not be seen cleaning them again.
    a lot just dont check there work when fiying,

4. Parky

Parky Active Member

Once you're up and running get your harris in there and tell em you'll do a better job?

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

The answer is fairly simple, he's doing what I call a 'token gesture'

Where basically he either knows they don't care about the quality of work, or this is what he can get away with...

But it's spotting because he's not rinsing the glass, after giving them a good scrub. So he's just leaving the dirty water on the windows to dry...

Basically a good rinse is the most important part of wfp...

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

As Jake says the spotting is most likely the result of not enough rinsing but also remember when you do get going that you need to keep your TDS seriously low preferably at zero so that you can avoid spotting also.

If his waters perfect the cause is incorrect rinsing, if he's a cowboy it could just be sh*t water quality.

7. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Maybe he's put a very cheap quote in and he's giving them there money's worth

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I'm guessing these are hospital windows? If so, then commercial work like that (council or large commercial buildings) tend be pretty much a 'no one cares attitude' and Windies always seem to slap dash them...

9. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

rinse rinse rinse

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

There's a firm of window 'cleaners' ( no names ) in my area that absolutely encourage it. They have some full time staff, part time and offer franchises. The work load is insane i was told and nigh on impossible to complete to satisfactory standards. In ALL weather and a minimum of 30 properties daily for approx. a sixth of the day's takings. If the customer rings to complain they promise a re clean within 48 hrs. So if you fail on a few because of time/ weather...tough luck. You'll be back out within two day's cleaning them again or you won't get your money at the end of the month.
    They have a rather large contract near me and i've watched them 'cleaning'. Always a different op.
    So yes indeed Reach.....does make you wonder.

Advertisement