Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Going to fit one on my Berlingo rear door.Anybody any ideas on keeping doors slightly open to vent exhaust and stop anybody interfering with van.

How have you got plugs in your van Steve? A power inverter??
No, the double socket isn’t connected to anything, it’s just to keep the plugs tidy.

Ive got an extension permanently in a storage box near the back of the van which I bing in the back of the van and plug those plugs in until everything is charged.

(I’m a bit on the ocd side)

so ive had a bit of trouble with mine;firstly the water flow micro switch doesnt seem to work with water flow alone,it will only work if i hold unit upside down (dont worry gas wasnt on) and second the gas fitting supplied was of poor quality so waiting for new one to arrive.
what kind of flow is needed to make the gas lighter work?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

so ive had a bit of trouble with mine;firstly the water flow micro switch doesnt seem to work with water flow alone,it will only work if i hold unit upside down (dont worry gas wasnt on) and second the gas fitting supplied was of poor quality so waiting for new one to arrive.
what kind of flow is needed to make the gas lighter work?

Sounds like a faulty unit.  Shouldn't need more than 2lpm. 

e7045bae68d7da84d669e7be55c77994.jpg

Fitted this the weekend used it today and im loving it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I used mine with univalve the other morning when it was freezing. It worked fine, but sometimes the heater goes off, might be that i only have my pump on 30-40% n i think there is a cutout after so long, 20mins?, just need to switch on n off.

Could I use a pressure relief valve like this 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/pressure-relief-valve-x-/8131V?kpid=8131V&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuZXQBRDKARIsAMwpUeTfWfU6onmFVte7FwUvfQ4pZbar4Ym8fckEuRICsCD8-opB6TCnlQIaAv6HEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNO614CGtdcCFaQD0wodM8gEOQ#product_additional_details_container 

After the heater on a tee so one side goes to my hose reel and the other goes into the prv and that feeds back into the tank?

That way when univalve is open flow would go through to reel but when it's closed the pressure build up would open the prv so flow wouldn't stop and it wouldn't cut out the heater but would send hot water back into the tank. Just turn it off between jobs and the whole tank would gradually heat up

Anyone think it would work? If it would work then would it be a good idea? I really like univalve

Could I use a pressure relief valve like this 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/pressure-relief-valve-x-/8131V?kpid=8131V&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuZXQBRDKARIsAMwpUeTfWfU6onmFVte7FwUvfQ4pZbar4Ym8fckEuRICsCD8-opB6TCnlQIaAv6HEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNO614CGtdcCFaQD0wodM8gEOQ#product_additional_details_container 

After the heater on a tee so one side goes to my hose reel and the other goes into the prv and that feeds back into the tank?

That way when univalve is open flow would go through to reel but when it's closed the pressure build up would open the prv so flow wouldn't stop and it wouldn't cut out the heater but would send hot water back into the tank. Just turn it off between jobs and the whole tank would gradually heat up

Anyone think it would work? If it would work then would it be a good idea? I really like univalve
Interesting Dr, theoretically sound.  Just remember to switch off the boiler between jobs otherwise you'll be driving along with a lit boiler.  I seem to remember @Dave B, pointing out sometime ago that you're supposed to shut of the gas when driving (from a legal standpoint) 

Like the idea though and hope you guinea pig it for us.   

Back